Diesel Downsizing in Villa Park, IL.

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Folks:

I had to refuel today so I went my usual watering hole, the Thornton's Station on Roosevelt Road in Villa Park, IL. The station is set up so the only island that has diesel pumps is the one located at the far west end of the station. Both pumps on that island used to have diesel nozzles, but as I found out today, only one of the pumps on that island now dispenses diesel. It is the northerly pump. Price was $2.959 per gallon. 10¢ more than the last time I filled up. What a bummer. Now not only do you have to jocky with all the gassers to get to that island you now have to fight all the Duramax/Powerstroke folks to get to that one pump. I think they are trying to push me down the road to the Road Ranger (RR). RR has probably 12 pumps that push diesel and 2 others that do BioD. Oh well, I guess that's progress.

Dan

ChristopherC

Veteran Member
TDI
04 NB TDI PD
The benefit of refueling at Road Ranger is that you get a free cicada with every fill-up. Hurry while supplies last. ;)

FWIW their B11 hasn't changed in price ($2.88) in my last 3 visits. Not sure about their No 2 though.

Last edited: