2nd owners of gen2 SUV, mixed responses from claims dept.

Greg5OH

Vendor
TDI
13 Q7
I purchased our 2013 q7 in sept. we are the 2nd owners of it. Previous owner filed a claim.
Going on 4 months now and the claim is still not reviewed, i have called every 2 weeks about this.
My dealer said they cannot fix it till the claim is approved. They called the claim dept. while i was right there.
Now the claim dept. tells me there is no process in place yet for paying 2nd owners of these vehicles and tells me no 2nd owners have bene paid yet.
I swear i have seen multiple cases on these and the audi forums where 2nd gen SUV 2nd owners have gotten their ~4k check and fix completed.

Now the claim dept tells me i can go in and get it fixed without the claim being approved, i say no, they say yes, i say no they say yes.
5 minutes later they come back and say oh..you are right, you cant get it done before the claim is approved.

This proves my point they got an information break somewhere...

To put my mind at lease, have any gen 2 SUV 2nd owners gotten paid their half?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
All of my Q7s and Touaregs have been fixed, but I have not been paid on any "2nd owner" cars. The Audi dealer was able to fix the vehicles even without a completed offer letter.

None of my Cayennes have been fixed (or paid). The Porsche dealers will not fix the vehicles without a completed offer letter.

So a mixed bag. Apparently there is a special claims group looking at every vehicle with multiple claims individually. Seems pretty inefficient, but they are processing cars - I had an offer letter extended on a Cayenne yesterday.