FS - 03 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon 5 spd, SW OH $17.5k

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf 6MT, 01 NB 5MT shell
I'm selling my 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, NOT because of anything to do with the car. I was planning to start a business that was going to require a lot of time on the road and that is when I bought it and why. I have owned a number of older VW diesels and knew I wanted a TDI for this car. The business fell through but I loved the car and decided to keep it until I absolutely had to spend the money on something else. That time is now. I have 4 other cars right now (2 are VW diesels) and need to put the Jetta money in some other investments.

Here's the deal: I bought it new in August of 2002 as a 2003, build date July 2002. I waited 8 months for one of these to show up and bought it off of the hauler while still shrinkwrapped from the trip from the fatherland. It has 24,5xx easy miles back and forth to work at 55 on country roads. Always garaged, always given Power Service diesel conditioner and always Delvac 1 synthetic oil from 5000 miles. Always garaged overnight, never wrecked or off the road. Garaged the winter of 2002/2003, used for short trips last winter. Mileage when new was 40mpg, increased to 47mpg mixed last summer.

Never had problem one with it, only problem related trip to the dealer has been to replace an antenna cable for the Monsoon to fix AM reception. Oil changes and other maintenance have been done by the dealer, using my oil, have receipts. Also have all manuals and window sticker.

Came with standard GLS options, meaning power windows and locks, cruise, power sunroof, alloys, etc. Options include the cold weather package (heated seats and windshield washers, etc) and the Monsoon 200w 8 speaker CD/cassette system. Also came with Michelin tires rather than Eagles or some other type.

It's reflex silver with a grey cloth interior. I had the windows tinted and installed a WeatherTech cargo liner and all weather mats when new. I told the dealer NOT to buff it at arrival so there are no spider marks in the paint from monkey buffing.

I can't say it's perfect because there is one tiny door ding that I typically see when washing it, maybe a stone mark or tow on the front, and a few scuffs on the plastic liner on top of the back bumper where my kids didn't lift their backpacks high enough taking them in or out. The scuffs may wax off, not sure and PDR would deal with the ding if you can find it. It's not a sharp ding and didn't break the paint. I also have the later 2003 OEM console with cupholders NIB but not yet installed to replace the goofy early 2003 design currently installed with the "fall apart" coinholder in the back seat.

I'm looking for $17,500 out of it. Wish I could take it to CA and get $23k like the other guy posting his. I can email photos etc on request. Obviously, it's still under the VW bumper to bumper warranty and roadside assistance until 50k, power train warranty goes to 60k and rust warranty is 12 years/unlimited k miles. German made.

It is probably one of the best cars I have ever owned but I need to put the cash in some investments now so I'm not still working when I'm 75 or 80. It's a beauty.

Please let me know of any questions. I'm located northwest of Dayton Ohio, about halfway between 70/75 interchange and 70/Indiana border. Serious inquiries only please.

thanks

Joe Luther
jluther@alfonshaar.com (work)
jluther1@woh.rr.com (home)
937-859-5870 x 11 days
937-833-1175

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I'm selling my 2003 Jetta TDI wagon... It has 24,5xx easy miles back and forth to work at 55 on country roads.... always Delvac 1 synthetic oil from 5000 miles. Always garaged overnight, never wrecked or off the road. Garaged the winter of 2002/2003, used for short trips last winter. Mileage when new was 40mpg, increased to 47mpg mixed last summer... Came with standard GLS options, meaning power windows and locks, cruise, power sunroof, alloys, etc. Options include the cold weather package (heated seats and windshield washers, etc) and the Monsoon 200w 8 speaker CD/cassette system. Also came with Michelin tires rather than Eagles or some other type.

It's reflex silver with a grey cloth interior. I had the windows tinted and installed a WeatherTech cargo liner and all weather mats when new.
It sounds perfect, in fact better than new. But I thought the GLS models came with velour seats? FWIW, cloth is probably better.

Veteran Member
TDI
I looked at the sticker and they are called velour. Sorry about that, I was trying to let people that they WEREN'T the leather seats more than thinking about which type of fabric texture that they were. OK, I'll stop now before I make it any worse. I hope.

Thanks for correcting me. Please let me know of any other questions.

Joe

Veteran Member
TDI
Bump....I will contribute $500 toward shipping. Local buyers can subtract $500.

It's a good car, well taken care of and never driven hard or abused, selling at book. I'm sure someone here needs it, I don't have room for it.

TIA

Joe

PhotonBoy

TDI
'04 shadow blue Jetta wagon by the name of Linda w ventectomy, Dieselgeek short shift, - DRLs, Monster mats, PD100 injectors and a Tempest Blue '11 Jetta Sportwagen, hasn't told me her name yet, Dieselgeek short shift, more to come..
Hello, I sent you an email. Cheers.

Veteran Member
TDI
Re: FS - 03 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon 5 spd, SW OH $17.5

Folks, thanks for the interest. I have a partial payment coming on the car in the next few days, delivery scheduled for 8 January. If for some reason this does not work out, I will post with an update after contacting everyone in the order in which I received the inquiries.

Thanks

Veteran Member
TDI
Re: FS - 03 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon 5 spd, SW OH $17.5

Car is sold, delivered to Doug today, thank you Doug. Thanks also to Fred for giving me this excellent forum for buying it, maintaining it, and unfortunately selling it. Thanks to everyone for the interest.

Joe