Underbelly Skirts

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
You guys know the sideskirts that the plastic belly pan attaches to? how go you tighten those plastic things up to the body of the car? Those weird star shaped things underneath the car where the screw goes through. Is there a way to tighten them up closer th the frame of the car? There is a litle play on the left side of mine. Never hit anything. The skirt needs to be pushed up tighter though.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Take a small diameter 1/4 drive deep socket that fits over the stud, like 7 mm. Use it to push up on the retainer.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Yes, you're pushing the teeth of that washer all the way up that stud.

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
I thought everyone could figure that one out???? /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /images/graemlins/eek.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif