Oops!!

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
Recently I've noticed that when I accelerate my Turbo whistle is different as if there's a loose screw or bolt in it. The car is still as fast as before no difference drive wise but its trying to tell me something, maybe bad air filter or clogged intake, don't know?

Has anyone else on a PD experienced something similar?

A

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
did you just do any muffler work? I notice that you have a magnaflow...did this sound start after the muffler install? If so, you may have turbo whine. If not, then it may be something else.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Err...

I have a feeling that turbo is on its way out. Even with a catless, mufflerless exhaust, it should not sound like a bolt or screw is loose in there.

I would be looking for a replacement....

dttech

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI Black
Just before mine blew it made kinda a buzzing or whirring noise. Got more noticable and more again then nothing but lots of smoke. All this over about 10 mins.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
Here's an update Guys....

The noise got bad so I took it to my mechanic on Monday, they found EGR Manifold gaskit leaking. This work was done by VW recall not too long ago, they probably never replaced the gaskit or if they did it was not installed properly. Since i was there and my timing belt replacement was due as well, I asked the mechanic to do everything together to save on labor.

According to him the noise is from a leaking gaskit, so they took it all apart and found out the gaskit is not available anywhere in Canada, its on back order and has to be ordered from the US. The list of work being done so far:

Timing Belt/Tensioner/WaterPump [PDs need less parts TB wise]
Intake Manifold Cleaning
EGR Gaskit Replacement
Serpentine Belt

Should I be looking at getting anything else done since the Car is all open and apart to save on labor later? My clutch peddle is too hard wonder what could be causing that?

I miss my car but the good thing is I'm driving my cousin's white Gold TDI 2001 :)

I'm hoping to see big improvement once I get it back....