2001 TDi 2 door Golf for sale - Burlington, VT

tyler_01_TDi

TDI
13 Sportwagen. Previously 01 Golf
**SOLD**

Hello all. I am selling my 2001 TDi 2 door golf for three reasons. 1 - a new member has just been added to the family so I need a 4 door and have decided to buy a Sportwagen, 2 - now that there is another member of the family, I have less time to maintain this car, and 3 - I recently moved into a new place and don't have the best workshop setup for maintaining this car.
The craigslist post: https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-volkswagen-golf-tdi-2/6749529061.html
Now, on to the car. I bought this car for the original owner in 2006. At the time the car had 80,000 miles on it. All of the paperwork she gave me indicated that it had been maintained at the dealership where she purchased the car. The car now has 208,000 miles on it. While I've had the car:
  • Regular oil changes in intervals between 5 and 10 thousand miles using oil that paces VW spec
  • 2008 - New timing belt and associated components @ 115050 miles
  • 2009 - BOSAL Tow Hitch
  • 2010 - Fuel Filter, Parking Brake Cables
  • 2011 - Alternator
  • 2012 - CV Boot, Rear Brakes, Front Brakes, Intake Clean, Turbo Clean and new actuator
  • 2014 - Rear Calipers, Mass Air Flow Sensor, Air filter, Cabin filter, Cruise control switch on clutch pedal
  • 2015 - Glow plug relay, thermostat, coolant temp sensor
  • 2016 - Clutch (Single Mass Flywheel/ G60 VR6 pressure plate and disc), Front Brakes, PCV/CCV valve, EGR Valve
  • 2018 - Starter, Front wheel bearings, rear wheel bearings, air filter, rear rotors
The car also had a new steering rack installed and new rear axle beam bushings but I can't find the dates of that work. Accessories for the car include a SARIS roof rack, Bosal tow hitch, wolfsburg edition BBS Wheels with summer tires, and OE Steel wheels with covers and snows.
Now the tough stuff. As my life has become busier, some maintenance issues have appeared that I have not been able to tackle for lack of time.
Along with the car can come the special tools needed to change the timing belt, a press to change the front wheel bearings, a bunch of spare parts including tie rods, N75 valve, and a bunch of interior parts that are in good shape. I also have a 'starter kit' for processing biodiesel which includes a polyethylene drum with a drain on the bottom (kind of like a gravy separator) and about 20 gallons of biodiesel.
The price will be dependent on what the buyer wants and even then, I'm not really sure what its all worth. I have it posted for $2500 OBO on Craigslist right now (see link above). Feel free to ask any questions if interested. Thanks!

**SOLD**

Last edited: