I have biodiesel in Austin TX!

James Carroll

Thought that would get your attention...

I found a distributor in Houston TX that sells biodiesel for $1.61/gal. I will drive down and pick up 55-110 gallons this Saturday (Nov 3). If you are interested in getting some of this I'm willing to sell it to you for $1.61 per gallon when I get it back up here. You will need to provide your own containers.

If you want some let me know. I can arrange to meet you and give you a fillup. I'll have to find some sort of manul pump to accomodate this. I'm hoping that we can get several people who are interested so that we can alternate pickups and share the load of going down to get the stuff. Let me know if you are interested.

James
james.carroll@clearorbit.com

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: James Carroll ]</p>

dogbreath

Veteran Member
TDI
'97 Jetta Sequoia Green
Gang,
Here's the info on the Houston biodiesel:

Green Fuels, Inc.
410 21st St. South
Texas City, TX. 77592
409-948-1704
cell- 713-898-9208
email: pdunn@dunnheat.com

B100 available in any quantity from bulk
Very willing to work with us to make this available to the public. Would be willing to deliver bulk quantity to group able to store
quantity (ie Austin, Dallas members setting up co-op)
source: soy
typical cetane: 52
Data entered in the Premium Diesel Listing, trying to enter in the Alternative Fuels Locator

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: dogbreath ]</p>

gardentender

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GL 5 spd, 2001, Galactic Blue
i would consider being a consumer in a co-op arrangement.
being an apartment dweller, any storage, handling or preparation facilities are out of the question for me.

intriguing, let's discuss further

(actually living in Dallas, working in Fort Worth)

and i commute about once a month to Austin, whatever that's worth.

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: gardentender ]</p>

Pyrhus

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Platinum GRey NB
Definitly intrigued about a dfw coop. I would also be interested in the Austin thing if you already have it. I will be in Austin next Monday and Tuesday to get sworn into the bar and would buy some as an experiment.

Michael

gardentender

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GL 5 spd, 2001, Galactic Blue
Michael,
be careful 'bout them bars in Austin. i met a lady in wunna them wunct, and she . . .

Pyrhus

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Platinum GRey NB
married ya?
Nah having to go down with Ms. Fianceeeeeeeeeeee......... But do lub dem bars in Austin.

Michael

saabguru

Veteran Member
Woo hoo, biodiesel! Sure, I'll join the co-op! I'll make a run too! What do you pick it up in?Austin already has a grocery co-op, called Wheatsville, I'm a card carryin' member of it!
They are looking to expand, I wonder if they'd like to provide members with biodiesel.Perhaps I should bring it up if I can ever get to a board meeting.

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver (Sold). 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon Tiptronic (daughter's)
ttt

Thought I'd bring this one back from the dead. Has anyone used their BD. Any comments would be appreciated as this company is close enough (50 miles) for me to go fill up !

solstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 NB red cabrilet
I Have the 80/20 works great! no smell better fuel mileage - the down side is it's located 1 hr. away need a closer station!

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver (Sold). 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon Tiptronic (daughter's)
ttt

Well, what gives with Green Fuels Inc ?

It's been a month since you local yokels have
tried it.
Does this guy have a BD pump, or do
you purchase containers ? I'd appreciate any info.

I'd like my next tank to be OPEC-FREE !

[ April 07, 2002, 16:23: Message edited by: spoilsport ]

Metro

Veteran Member
He is doing R&D with Baylor University here in Houston and starting an initiative with the city of Houston to try to get them to convert some of their fleets to Bio.

He is doing this on the side “Green Fuels” and has a tank on a trailer at his business as well as a tank yard there in Texas City. I’m guessing he had a tanker come down for his supply. You bring your own tanks and fill them up there; he has an electric pump…so its not like your pumping out of a 55 gallon drum or anything.

He charged me 2.00 a gallon