What did you do to your MK7 today?

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I'm using the snow tires I bought when I had the '16 Jetta- 195-65-15 General Altimax Arctics. They're pretty quiet compared to the 18" Pirellis I took off....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I had the 30k service done yesterday. The brake fluid was flushed, no coolant leaks were found, key fob remote battery replaced, and the driver front door hinge bolt was tightened(I didn't have that special tool for bolt, looks like a 12 point internal bit)-they didn't top off washer fluid, tires weren't rotated(not listed on receipt either). Only good thing it's the same tech since the first service, unlike the service advisors-this is the 3rd different one:rolleyes:. They used to have a luncheon on Saturdays for employees and customers, now it's only for employees:(. Now my debate starts do I have them do the 40k service or not next year......

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I had the 30k service done yesterday. The brake fluid was flushed, no coolant leaks were found, key fob remote battery replaced, and the driver front door hinge bolt was tightened(I didn't have that special tool for bolt, looks like a 12 point internal bit)-they didn't top off washer fluid, tires weren't rotated(not listed on receipt either). Only good thing it's the same tech since the first service, unlike the service advisors-this is the 3rd different one:rolleyes:. They used to have a luncheon on Saturdays for employees and customers, now it's only for employees:(. Now my debate starts do I have them do the 40k service or not next year......
Id do my own and save the cash. In fact i do do my own and the money i save pays for the next service that i do myself. Win win win.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
So i decided to go up a size with my new tire. 225/45-18. Bridgestone Potenza Re980as. Overall they are 1" bigger in diameter. So it raised the car 1/2". I love how much it smoothed out the ride.

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
@GreenLantern_Tdi Is there an adjustment you can make to recalibrate the speedometer for the change? I too would consider getting a little more sidewall on the 18's - but I don't want to be blamed for the speeding tickets!

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
@GreenLantern_Tdi Is there an adjustment you can make to recalibrate the speedometer for the change? I too would consider getting a little more sidewall on the 18's - but I don't want to be blamed for the speeding tickets!
Im sure there is and in the next couple weeks when i replace my battery and update the battery modul with vcds i will see if i can fix the speedo too. Gps showed my speedo is now 2 mph slow which isnt a huge deal to me at this point in time.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Studded Hakka 9
Expensive but totally worth it.

Also, my OEM 17" wheels is now my winter set, no more switching tires.
So I got a nice deal on these:

18x8.5 et45

Didn't bought any tire yet but I like the Falken azenis fk510, still have 6month to think about this...

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Speaking of snows, picked up my son's new Winterforce 2s mounted on steelies. Swapping them from the MK7 to IBW for delivery...to Wisconsin. The things dads do.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Those 9s are nice. That my next rubber for winter.

Just wish these current ones would wear out. Been 6 seasons and still over half tread....

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

armando_m

TDI
2016 Golf sportwagen
I suppose so

my car was made for the USA market but ended up being sold here , unless there is a change between 2015 / 2016 models I do not see why it wouldn't work

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
Did this to my Golf a log time ago. Although, here's what I did, which makes the inner tails act just like the outers. Bold is the new coding.

Left Inner Taillight
(4) Leuchte23SL HLC10 - Lichtfunktion A 23 – Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht) – Brake light (Bremslicht)
(5) Leuchte23SL HLC10 – Lichtfunktion B 23 – not active – Blinken Links Hellphase
(6) Leuchte23SL HLC10 – Dimmwert AB 23 – 28 — 100
(8) Leuchte23SL HLC10 – Lichtfunktion C 23 – not active – Blinken Links Dunkelphase
(11) Leuchte23SL HLC10 – Dimming direction – CD 23 – maximize – minimize
(12) Leuchte23SL HLC10 – Lichtfunktion E 23 – not active - Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
(14) Leuchte23SL HLC10 – Dimmwert EF 23 – 0 – 28

Right Inner Taillight
(4) Leuchte24SL HRA65 - Lichtfunktion A 24 – Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht) – Brake light (Bremslicht)
(5) Leuchte24SL HRA65 - Lichtfunktion B 24 – not active – Blinken Rechtss Hellphase
(6) Leuchte24SL HRA65 – Dimmwert AB 24 – 28 — 100
(8) Leuchte24SL HRA65 - Lichtfunktion C 24 – not active – Blinken Rechtss Dunkelphase
(11) Leuchte24SL HRA65 – Dimming direction – CD 24 – maximize – minimize
(12) Leuchte24SL HRA65 – Lichtfunktion E 24 – not active - Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
(14) Leuchte24SL HRA65 – Dimmwert EF 24 – 0 – 28

Last edited:

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hello,

Did this to my Golf a log time ago. Although, here's what I did, which makes the inner tails act just like the outers...
I did this a couple of weeks ago. With as inattentive as drivers are these days, I like the idea of having my turn signals just a little more visible. Sadly, it's probably not enough to "distract" some drivers from their smartphones while driving. :mad:

Scott

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Hello,
I did this a couple of weeks ago. With as inattentive as drivers are these days, I like the idea of having my turn signals just a little more visible. Sadly, it's probably not enough to "distract" some drivers from their smartphones while driving. :mad:
Scott
It all helps. I like what I see on newer Chevrolets - the high mount brake light flashes three times, quickly, when the brakes are activated. The lower lights act like our brake lights do. If it prevents only one person from crashing into the back of your car, . . .

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Exactly. What good is all this fancy light flash coding if they're looking down in their lap?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Did my own 40k service on the GSW S DSG last weekend.

I couldn't find a way to get at the DSG filter without disconnecting the Battery and removing the battery tray. (The tray likes where it is and has one bolt buried under a red wire and the drivers headlight housing so not fun to remove)

Oil change and all filters (cabin filter is a pain because you have to empty the entire glove box to get at where the cabin filter is)

DSG Fluid came out not much darker than new stuff going in which is a good sign I suppose. refilled with 5L from the top thru the filter hole.. (TAKES FOR-EV-ER!)

stared the car, tried to shift the trans thru all the gears but because it was off the ground and the rear tires were not also spinning the system was freaking out the whole time.

once up to temp, removed the main plug, let fluid come out the standpipe, capped it off after it slowed down a little and called it all good for another 40k miles. Sure glad it doesn't need done too often.

I suppose I should call the dealership and get on the list to have Phase 2 done sometime soon.

Has anyone else noticed the frequency of Regens go down after disconnecting the battery for service etc?

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I suppose I should call the dealership and get on the list to have Phase 2 done sometime soon
Yeaah, should do that sooner than later. Stopped by where I bought mine today to ask about it.I read another post saying something about having to be done by 12/31/18 in order to keep extended warranty, even though I saw nothing in my letter about a date. Already booked into mid-December, so I scheduled it for 12/26/18, he was scheduling it for 3 days, although my car is only at 30k-I tried saying what letter says about only software update for vehicles under 40k,but he dismissed that and said they'll know when I bring car in:rolleyes:, wants me to bring in cards so I can get a loaner(which I found out will probably be a Nissan Rogue, they don't do VW loaners:()Also want them to check out/replace horn, as when I used it last night volume cut in 1/2:mad:.....

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL

New group 48(H6) Duracell Platinum AGM Manufactured by East Penn. 70ah 760cca
Changed all the settings with VCDS except manufacturer it wouldnt allow any change that I had tried for that.

Last edited:

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
Yeah, the ECU changes the charging parameters as the battery ages.

When you install a new one you have to enter the total number of CCA (I think) and change the battery info so it doesn't use the old charging parameters on the new battery.