new wagons from $12,000!

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 sportwagen TDI sel 6mt
VW is dumping TDI wagons for half price in Mexico. Some brand new for under $12,000 with IVA tax included.
Last year I bought a 2016 SE wagon with DSG and DAP for less than $15,000 but they where rare last year, now there are 210 listings!
https://autos.mercadolibre.com.mx/volkswagen/golf/golf-tdi_OrderId_PRICE

Less than a handful of SEL's

I saw a white SEL at a local dealer but it didn't have the DAP package

Also it seems 2015 was the last of the TDI hatchbacks

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Last edited:

jtree

TDI
2016 sportwagen TDI SE
Hmmm and according to this ad for one of the very few SEL's , lane assist was available, but I have an SEL with the driver assistant package and it's "not available" when I try to activate it.
https://auto.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-645774140-volkswagen-golf-variant-2016-tdi-sel-_JM
I wonder if I can activate it by VCDS or if it takes additional hardware...
If I weren't doing a major house remodel I would buy a second one
I successfully activated lane assist and lighting assist in my car with an OBDeleven, it was easy and not very expensive.

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
I successfully activated lane assist and lighting assist in my car with an OBDeleven, it was easy and not very expensive.
Cool, thanks

I assume it only warns you and doesn't actually steer to keep you in the lane ?

jtree

TDI
2016 sportwagen TDI SE
Cool, thanks
I assume it only warns you and doesn't actually steer to keep you in the lane ?
My car steers itself and keeps the car mostly centered in the lane. It works better than the the lane assist I had on my 2016 Golf R as the lane centering effect is adjustable using OBDeleven. Maybe the car must have park assist to work? My car has park assist but I only use it as a novelty.

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
My car steers itself and keeps the car mostly centered in the lane. It works better than the the lane assist I had on my 2016 Golf R as the lane centering effect is adjustable using OBDeleven. Maybe the car must have park assist to work? My car has park assist but I only use it as a novelty.
Wow, I must try to get that function to work as I also have park assist, which for me is also mostly for fun

I have VSDS so I'm going to research the programming

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
My VW car has a Windshield, three mirrors. And does not think for me . I do have a GPS. Hardly turn it on. Usually look at where I am going ahead of time. Some times on a Paper Atlas. Make a few hand written notes if need be.
Not a total non tech redneck . I do have Sirius radio. Usually set on “ Road Dog Trucking” or Red , White & Blues”
I like driving a vehicle, not playing with it . It’s not a Video game for me. I like driving .

jtree

TDI
2016 sportwagen TDI SE
My VW car has a Windshield, three mirrors. And does not think for me . I do have a GPS. Hardly turn it on. Usually look at where I am going ahead of time. Some times on a Paper Atlas. Make a few hand written notes if need be.
Not a total non tech redneck . I do have Sirius radio. Usually set on “ Road Dog Trucking” or Red , White & Blues”
I like driving a vehicle, not playing with it . It’s not a Video game for me. I like driving .
If you spent a day commuting in and out of Mexico City with your paper atlas you would be appreciate all the drivers aids you could get. I have a dirt bike and a track car for fun driving, a diesel station wagon is for getting home, relaxed and safe.

Dearborn

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL
Bought a "fixed" "Certified Pre-Owned" loaded 2015 Golf SEL TDI Sportwagen, black, 48k miles from local dealer, (Michigan), with extended emissions warranty to 165k miles for $17,000 in August. So far, really like the car, about 33-34 mpg in mostly city driving, but repeated problems with "Check Engine", "AdBlue" and "Engine Won't Start in 500 miles" lights