Getting the 2A and 2B emission install Wednesday.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Sportwagen '15 Golf Hatch
Had the hatchback in for the annoying Must be in Park for service alarm recall and decided to go ahead and schedule the diesel gate final fix. Took almost a month for the parts to show up. Wish me luck. I am seriously thinking of voiding the warranty on my other TDI, the sportwagen. The car is only short tripped around town by the daughter. We have had the car since it had 50 miles on the lot in May 2017. It now has a whopping 17k miles. I am forced to do a forced regeneration every couple months. Straight pipe may be in that cars future. How has everyones 2A and 2 B worked out?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
LOL if you think you're getting 2A and 2B at the same time at 17K.

We bought new in '17 as well and only got 2A at 36K.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
LOL if you think you're getting 2A and 2B at the same time at 17K.

We bought new in '17 as well and only got 2A at 36K.
My TDI Golf has 32k miles. The daughter's TDI Sportwagen has 17k miles. We are talking about the fix for my car.

The service adviser says both 2A and 2B and 8 hours time allowance from VW. I guess I will look at the paperwork and under hood decal and report back Thursday afternoon when I am scheduled to get the car back.

Last edited:

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
Had the hatchback in for the annoying Must be in Park for service alarm recall and decided to go ahead and schedule the diesel gate final fix. Took almost a month for the parts to show up. Wish me luck. I am seriously thinking of voiding the warranty on my other TDI, the sportwagen. The car is only short tripped around town by the daughter. We have had the car since it had 50 miles on the lot in May 2017. It now has a whopping 17k miles. I am forced to do a forced regeneration every couple months. Straight pipe may be in that cars future. How has everyones 2A and 2 B worked out?
If you are having to do forced regens at only 17k miles, your either have a faulty emission system or this is not the car for you (i.e not driving enough). Will probably get worse with the fix.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
Daughters car and its short tripping is the one I am having to do forced regen's on. I am contemplating a delete and tune on this car. It isn't the one getting the 2A/2B tomorrow.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Eh, a TDi isn't the right car for me... used to live far from work, now live 2 miles from work. I leave early and take a long drive to work and I generally take a long one back as well. But if I make a few short trips and notice that I interrupted a regen (and know I won't be going on long drive soon, or someone else will be driving) I'll check VagDPF and see if I need to force a regen.

If so, use VCDS to force one. I've done it maybe 3 or 4 times in 35k but could see how it would be needed more often if I only did short trips. Got a great deal on my car so I would take forced regens over getting rid of it.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
Dropped it off this morning. Talked to the mechanic doing the work and she indicated only the 2A was being done, exhaust modification, sensor install, and a flash. The DPF and whatever else is the 2B and at some later date......

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
Got 2A done at 36k right before SIP, so haven't been driving it much. I noticed the first couple regens lasted so long post 2A.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Dropped it off this morning. Talked to the mechanic doing the work and she indicated only the 2A was being done, exhaust modification, sensor install, and a flash. The DPF and whatever else is the 2B and at some later date......
Color me shocked :D