Replace "Join Date:" with "TDI:" on forum posts

vwestlife

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat TDI sedan (sold)
Quite often I find myself viewing a member's profile to find out what kind of TDI they have, because in a forum post they discuss something model-specific and give no clue which model they're talking about -- and it's not mentioned in their sig either. This happens even in model-specific sections because, for example, in the A3/B4 section some things can be quite different between A3s and B4s.

Thus, I suggest that the "TDI:" field in a user's profile should be included in left-side header of every message posted -- or, better yet, the relatively useless "Join Date:" field should be replaced by the much more relevant and informative "TDI:" field. This should also help to alleviate the complaints of signatures being too long, since a brief identification of a user's TDI(s) will need not be repeated in their sig.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I believe I submitted a thread asking for a TDI field, ala Vortex, a while back... ;)

I don't totally agree with axeing the join date field. I've seen cases where someone who's been a member since 2004 and was a newbie posted something for sale, and was considered a spammer because he or she was a newbie selling something. The join date not being there would hurt in those situations.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I miss having the number of posts in that field though--be nice if we could have all three of those....but it might start to look cluttered.
Although Dorf is catching up to SkyPups 23,000+ post count!
-BB

Pevey

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, Tornado Red
You guys need a life. I couldn't write that many posts. (Not without my wife spellchecking)

++ on the number of posts and join date.