Something leaking?! Pics inside

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf DSG 06 Jetta (sold)
My dealer said that when it was there last week for phase 2 it had a leak and the tech replaced the seal in the line and what was still there was residual from the previous repair. I am not convinced, but they claim it isn't leaking anymore. But at the same time it was only a little bit and it didn't seem to be increasing in "snowball" size. I guess I will just keep an eye on it.

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
As expected mine still leaks. Although I think it is coming out of the top of the injector body rather than from the line. It is hard to tell though. I hope it is the injector, that looks like a simple job compared to the line.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I thought it was "one unit", the injector is part of the line? Kinda like O2 sensors with a pig tail.

Demo3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Golf Sportwagen
Well the dealer replaced mine and it started again a few days later... I think I will go for the Matterhorn look.

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
Dealer just called me and said that it it is the injector body leaking not the line and they have replaced the injector. I guess we shall see....

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
I am really losing faith in my dealer. On my way home check engine light comes on, I hook up VCDS and it has a couple codes related to Reductant pressure being too low. So I pop the hood and look at the def injector line and it was just sitting loose on the def injector not even hooked up correctly. These hook on with some single use clip, you have to break it to get it off as far as I can tell and they had it installed backwards so it couldn’t snap onto the injector. I flipped the clip around and snapped it into place. Not sure if the car way just pumping def out under the hood, doesn’t seem like it. I think the system deactivates pretty quickly if it doesn’t build pressure. Hopefully some print or something hasn’t fallen out while it was unhooked, who know. Guess we will see if it still leaks.

Edit: Car made an odd noise when I started it, maybe the def system priming since it had air in the lines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Always a good practice to check under the hood of the car "before" leaving the dealer. You could have avoided this. It should be brought to the attention of the dealer and VW, so they can improve their service. Is this the only dealer you have around you for use? I would find another if you can't get better service there. Seems like there should be multiple dealers in the Provo/Salt Lake City area.

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
I did check it at the dealer but it was dark and it was slid on it just wasn’t clicked into place.

kdawg89

Veteran Member
TDI
I guess so...... Figured a visual check would be sufficient, I was actually nervous to grab onto it for fear of disturbing the seal. Doesn’t seem like a very robust connection design.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
We differ in what checking means. No problem.
Hey, when I had my IC replaced on my 2010 with the one that had the flappy valve that prevented icing, the shop connected the HP AC hose wrong and it was contacting the serp belt and popped about 10 miles from the dealer yeah sure I checked under the hose, but I would have gone under the car to cleanly see this issue before driving away, I guess I need to up my game for "trust but verify". BTW that was at about 30K, that serp belt went another 90K before being replaced at the TB job, I was impressed.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Some things are easily checked and others aren't. After having repeated issues with this dealer I would have had a hand on the pipe to make sure the connection was secure. Yours not as easy to check. But others wouldn't and don't go that far.