CVCA - Fuel Pump Option in VCDS?

PAJettaTDI

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE 6 Spd
Can anyone confirm whether a 2015 CVCA NMS Passat has an option for testing/running the fuel pump through the VCDS for sure. I wasn't able to find/access that option after a filter change the other day, and I realize I may not need to, but was wondering if someone knew for sure that this engine/model actually has that option or not in the VCDS and if so, what minimum version you had used.

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
thought i saw it under "engine" then "output tests" ....youll get a drop down menu and just select fuel pump/relay.

thats what i did...and run it 10 x

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I changed our '15 with just refilling housing with Power Service and cranked away, no issues.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Just as 740GLE did, I changed the fuel filter and filled the housing with PowerService after I inserted the new filter to fill it up. Closed it up and it started with no problem.

fredthe

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL DSG
On our 2015 GSW (same engine) I have used VCDS to run the pump, and if I recall correctly turning on the ignition will also run it.

The latter is easy to check, after changing the filter leave the top on loosely, and turn on the ignition briefly. If there's fuel on the can, the pump has run :) I found this to be true on our '13 Passat, so I don't bother with VCDS, just cycle the ignition a few times. (I just can't remember on the GSW, I've only done that once and it's been a while.)