Warranty Coverage, missing deadline Stage 2 Fix

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
I have searched quite a bit and couldn’t come up with an answer.
I’m currently in a appeal for one of my vehicles for restitution money for stage 2.
I don’t want to bring it in for stage 2 till my appeal comes back.
Will my warranty be effective if I perform my stage 2 after the deadline?

Last edited:

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
In this thread, http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=495030 , the poster quoted communication from VW extending the deadline to get the emissions modification and still be eligible for the benefits.

What are those benefits? Is it just the compensation money?

Also, what is your appeal based upon? I purchased my TDI after phase 1 but before phase 2 and was declared ineligible for monetary compensation. Is that what you're appealing? I'm curious about the outcome of that appeal, but I've already done phase 2.

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
In this thread, http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=495030 , the poster quoted communication from VW extending the deadline to get the emissions modification and still be eligible for the benefits.

What are those benefits? Is it just the compensation money?

Also, what is your appeal based upon? I purchased my TDI after phase 1 but before phase 2 and was declared ineligible for monetary compensation. Is that what you're appealing? I'm curious about the outcome of that appeal, but I've already done phase 2.
Mine was declined due to being salvage title (CA rebuilt). When I filed the claim from my understanding I was filing for the second payment of restitution money plus the extended warranty on the emssions. I can’t get a solid answer from the VW if I was declined for the payment only or both the warranty as well.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Did you buy the car after phase 1 had already been done, registered it online for compensation, and then got denied?

If you did get denied after a process like I just described, did the denial specifically state it was due to the vehicle accident history?

I bought my GSW after phase 1 had been completed, but after registering it I was denied a claim. I was still able to make an appointment with my local dealer and then take it in for phase 2. If your situation matches mine, then that could be the sticking point that is confusing: the website won't allow you to schedule a fix once it deems you ineligible for benefits. You have to contact a local dealer who will then verify your VIN as unfixed and schedule an appointment with you.

If your situation matches mine, that's your path forward. I don't know what happens if you wait for phase 2 but my opinion was to get it done as soon as possible before other problems crop up and while there was still some level of good will to be extended.

I don't know enough about the terms of the settlement in regards to salvaged vehicles to answer anything in that regard.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
95% of people getting phase 2 fix have zero money left on the table, and the web site primary goal was to track and issue additional payment.

Anyone that has just phase 1 applied just needs to go to the dealer to perform the "open recall campaign", just like any other open recall every other manufactures issues.