Will this fit my 2015 Golf?

Pilot76

I want to do some bolts on upgrades it will not affect my warranty. I have just over 30,000 miles on my car and I would like to do a few things to it. I saw this on the website and it says it will make the car’s exhaust note change. I was also wondering if they would help with performance any. I don’t know if this is for a TDI or not.

I’m also going to put a K & N air filter. Also thinking about Kerma intake hose.

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2...er---Stainless-Steel/52645446/5G0071905B.html

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Read some of the many, many, many posts here on the K&N and you may rethink that choice.
Yeah, complete waste of money. There's also probably no better way to prematurely destroy the emissions equipment.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Nothing needs to be said about that filter but if you're set on the center exhaust just by the rear valence kit. It comes primed so you'll need to get it painted.

Then have an exhaust shop delete your muffler and install the exhaust tips of your choosing. I bought a GTI rear valance (same bumper as the Golf) from a car being parted out for about $75 (plus the additional fixing hardware from the dealership for about $30).

Local shop got rid of the muffler and installed a Y-pipe and the tips I chose, ran me about $250 including them installing the valence. You will need slightly less pipe for a center exhaust I bet. And I'm in Los Angeles, exhaust work might be cheaper where you are. Could have saved a little by choosing cheaper exhaust tips.

Also, the emissions equipment muffles any exhaust note we might have. Didn't notice anything different when I got rid of my muffler.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Weight savings is really the only gain by doing a muffler delete.

sprstu

Veteran Member
TDI
mk1 TD, GSW TDI 6spd
have you ever tried to get something out of your trunk with the car running and that car has had a center exit exhaust?

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
have you ever tried to get something out of your trunk with the car running and that car has had a center exit exhaust?

I only burned my shins on the center exhaust in my Focus ST about 35 times. Not too shabby.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
GTI valence with muffler delete. Won't be obtrusive at all. Get 4" tips if you want them to fit nicely in the valence. The R valence does look pretty slick though.