'15 GSW rear light wiring same as '16 & '17 GSW models?

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Hi folks! I was wondering if anyone here would know if the rear taillight wiring on a '16-'17 GSW is the same as a '15 GSW? Reason I'm asking is that Tekonsha #118730 wiring harness is a plug-n-play model for a '16-'17 GSW,not a '15. I was wondering if something on the TDI model is different, as I can't find a plug-n-play harness for the '15.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well,being no replies I guess I'd be the guinea pig and ordered the Tekonsha #118730 kit. Just got it in mail today-$62.99 on ebay. I'll post back after I try to install with results.

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
Well,being no replies I guess I'd be the guinea pig and ordered the Tekonsha #118730 kit. Just got it in mail today-$62.99 on ebay. I'll post back after I try to install with results.
Thanks. I am following, as I am looking to do the LED conversion, along with the rapid blink feature to my 15 SEL

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
look on the vortex there is write ups on it,, all you need is the for a one that is for pwm applications,, my guy just tapped into the two wires for the run /turns vs use an adapter, so use one for a 14 even, that someone is selling

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, sending the #118730 back. There is an extra brown wire on one side, so I'll probably go with the #118646 and move the yellow and green wires, as someone did in another thread.