This is why I sold my MKV Jetta

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
335d with BPC 2+ tune. This setup will get you 40+ mpg if you can keep your foot off the right pedal.
[/url][/IMG]

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Because it would not get along with a BMW? Since it was young I've always tried to instill in it a sense of acceptance for cars that are less desirable.

My Jetta has no problems associating with other cars. It even jumped the Kimchi Kruzer once. If my VW had displayed such poor behavior, I would have just told it to suck it up Buttercup or you're going for a one way road trip to the crusher. :rolleyes:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I’ve definitely considered one of these. Even stock they seem to have crazy power though. How is the drive ability with that kind of power under foot? The biggest reason that I haven’t gone for it is that I have no idea who would service the drivetrain for me. From what I’ve read if you own one out of warranty you are going to want to tune and delete or pay through the nose at your local dealer for emissions repairs. Still this is a tempting GTI replacement for me. I wish I knew of a place that I could go test drive one. Of course it might be all over for me at that point.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I haven't driven a deleted car, but my tuned 335d is very easy to drive smoothly. Your right foot just doesn't get a lot of exercise. What I like about the car is the effortless power delivery. And even with stock exhaust, the engine sounds great. But people will tell you these cars are a money pit. I would be terrified of paying for dealer service.

I've (slowly) warmed up to the 335d, but truth be told I like my VWs better. At heart I think I'm a cheap car guy.

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I haven't driven a deleted car, but my tuned 335d is very easy to drive smoothly. Your right food just doesn't get a lot of exercise. What I like about the car is the effortless power delivery. And even with stock exhaust, the engine sounds great. But people will tell you these cars are a money pit. I would be terrified of paying for dealer service.

I've (slowly) warmed up to the 335d, but truth be told I like my VWs better. At heart I think I'm a cheap car guy.
Thanks Peter. Between “money pit” and the fact that I have no good service options I think I should stay out of these. The other thing I’m missing at this point in my life is time and extra garage space so I’d daily it. Only about 6k per year but still not a car I’d really want to douse in salt spray. It pains me to see my GTI covered in salt film and it’s not a very special car.

I think I’m both a cheap car guy and a VW vs BMW guy. My whole family went BMW a couple years ago...X5 and two 528’s. The deals seemed so good for 7-8 year old cars at 1/5 their purchase prices. But they seem less good every time they go spend $2k on this seal or that seal at the dealer.

I’m thinking staying gasser GTI or will look to get back in a 2013 or 2014 JSW TDI. That car was really perfect for us. And I’ve never driven a tuned CR!

legendman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp
but truth be told I like my VWs better. At heart I think I'm a cheap car guy.
Me too, I'd rather drive my TDI than the 05 RL I have, I swear the Jetta handles better than this so called super handling awd RL I have.
The RL feels like a whale going into corners where the Jetta is just point an go.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
I almost bought the 335D after my 2010 was bought back, but the slushbox was too lazy in city traffic compared to the DSG. Plus, I feel a lot more comfortable pushing a beater FWD car through the muddy mountain roads on a weekend trip rather than a nice RWD BMW.

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
Nice curve. I was looking at the 328d for a while, but we needed a different SUV so I bought the wife a 2016 Durango AWD. I would have gutted my Jetta TDI in a heart beat for a awd 328D but I don't commute like I used to.

Hell sometimes I drive my Golf cart to work because I can. LOL

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Car # 47

I have had my 335d to the 1/4 test and tune track quite a few times and I have surprised a lot of cars. This is on All Season tires and this car is capable of 12.3 or 12.4 with a perfect launch. My best trap is 113.

2018 GT
Charger 392 SRT
GT 500
435i Dinan
E46 M3
E46 M3 Turbo
370Z
C7 Corvette
335i
Civic R
GTI APR Stage 2
Golf R
Audi S4

and a bunch of other cars.

I also daily drive this car and I can get 600 miles per tank if I am easy on the right pedal and at least 550 miles if I drive it hard.