Blind spot mirrors

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Had them on my JSW, and I plan on installing them on the MK7 as well. While not a necessity, I find them helpful.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I have them on every VW since 1999 except my 2015 Jetta which has Blind spot monitors....just got one for my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and noe my 2014 BMW 328D which doesn’t have Blind spot monitors! I like these so much better than Blind spot stick ones

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
This is the third car I've installed them on. It takes maybe two days to get used to them, and then, you tend to notice more things in your blind spots. Worth the few buck$ to me.

viking427

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
My only experience is with the oem VW european blind spot mirrors. They work ok once you get used to them. There's a definitive vertical line between the larger "inside" view and smaller "outside" view, but oddly enough, the inside view seems to "bend" near that line. The distortion makes identifying smaller details behind you difficult sometimes. I still prefer them over normal mirrors.

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
love them have the one on the drivers mirror and ordering one for the passenger one. have them in my mk4 also.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I have OEM euro asphericals purchased from DAP on both my Mk7s. They add field of view and safety, which make them well worth it to me.

Two cents: don't cheap out on non-OEMs

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
Well worth it. Get the good ones, as the cheapies develop spots in very short order.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I always put them on a vehicle that I have- saved my a$$ a few times. I usually just buy the cheapest ones at the store-they work fine for me, usually $4-$6 for 2 mirrors.