No TDIs to be found

timf

TDI
05 GLS Jetta Wagon,
Calling my local dealers and find that of the 3 dealers only two have any TDI at all and none have a 04 Jetta Wagon. In fact I was told the entire SE region is sold out of 04 wagons. I can make a deposit and wait for a 05 to arrive. Not going to produce the GL for 05, only the more expensive GLS.
Not exactly a buyers market. That sucks.

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, '96 TDI Passat Wagon, & Jetta Sedan, '83 Turbodiesel (IDI)
Save the mark-up and look for an '03, have seen them on ebay

Venturabass

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW Jetta TDI GLS, tornado red, 5spd
I know the feeling, I had a difficult time finding the TDI with everything I wanted....now with gas prices, it seems that they're even harder to come by. You're lucky you don't live in MA, you can't even buy a 2004 TDI here, or even the new Mercedes diesel due to emissions laws. Try out of state, online, and ebay as already mentioned. Good luck!

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Wow,

There are 6 wagons and 5 sedans in Madison, WI alone. GL& GLS. Zimbrick VW, 2 locations. They don't negotiate though..

Wee_Car

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Black
As JasonTDI said, "They don't negotiate." I recently purchased a '04 TDI for my mother in Maryland. If you want a '04 you have to look nationally and be prepared to travel. It is definetly a sellers market and you will just have to bite your tongue during the purchase process.
I succeeded in finding a car with the help of club members. I would encourage you to follow up on their suggestions.

timf

TDI
05 GLS Jetta Wagon,
Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to settle for an 05 model.

fredb

Veteran Member
TDI
2003/golf gl blue tdi auto
i got lucky and found a 03 golf gl tdi last march
look around there are still deals to be found.