2015 Passat car unlocking 10mph

Smashed Ixnay

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
So my car had been making an unlocking/locking noise every time I go over/under 10mph. It’s only happening on my driver door. Sometimes when I go to open the door on the outside it won’t open, so I have to open another door, then pull the handle from the inside of the driver door. Lately when I turn the car off and go to open the door it will make a loud buzzing noise inside my door. I noticed when I lock the car sometimes it will still open, but the alarm will sound if you do open it.

Anyone experience this? Is it expensive to fix?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
failed latches usually don't cycle randomly and make a buzzing sound, they just usually don't unlock or lock.

I'd recommend you shut off the auto lock feature via VCDS and also look for codes, you may have a frayed door loom, it was more an issues on early mk5 cars, NMS has a different design loom.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
If you think about it, Lets assume it is stuck in the "Unlocked" position...

Every time the car exceeds the 10mph threshold, it will try to automatically lock the door. That seems to be happening here...

The buzzing sound could be the door lock module trying to unlock but the motor has failed so instead of unlocking, all it does is buzz. Which could also explain the not opening from the outside. Latch tries to unlock, motor buzzes and eventually gives up not actually unlocking the door.

So a door latch is still a possibility..

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
seeing that he's had issues with the door being locked (having to use the interior handle to unlock) maybe its the position switch of the module. There are two N.O. switches, one for unlocked and one for locked plus a bad motor, agreed if it doesn't show it's locked it'll try and lock every time he crosses 10mph (gotta be annoying in stop and go traffic).

When my motors failed on my mk5 I didn't hear an buzzing, the carbon build up didn't have enough starting torque to move the mechanism.