PD 150 intake manifold on stock A3/AHU

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Mine is from a 130hp PD Passat.

DbLog

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 335d
DOH... I meant MAP. Why I ask is because I've cosidered moving the MAP as close to the intake as possible and running the nozzle just upstream from it. It would be nice if you'd be a a guinee. If not I'll let you know how it goes.;)

Stealth TDI said:
Whoa!
Goodness, definitely AFTER the MAF! I do not subscribe to the thought of injecting anywhere before the turbo, and possibly not even pre-IC.

validius

Lacking in ZDDP
TDI
1997 GTI TDI
Stealth TDI said:
Ah... My point wasn't clear. This manifold is from Germany where they've had the "good stuff" for years. The joke is on us Americans... the grass is always greener someplace else! ;) I look forward to testing. I'm STILL cleaning up the mess from cleaning the manifold. This stuff is EVERYWHERE. I've even washed the bottoms of my shoes since I think I tracked some onto the carpet. Ughhh! :D
Yea, sorry it was so dirty, i literally took it out of the box it came in, looked it over and shipped it right back out.

otm646

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 AHU Jetta.
Driving the same cycle, about 1/2 city 1/2 highway I measured 50.4 and 50.8 across 2 full tanks since instaling the manifold.

average tank was 610 miles between fill ups.

610/48.8 12.5 gallons (5k mile average since purchasing the car)

610/50.4 12.1 gallons (first tank.)

610/50.8 12.00 gallons (second tank.)

All these measurements were taking from the same pump at the same station using 50 cetane fuel. NON VENTED

being non vented hurts the repeatablity.

based on the first two tanks it seems like the intake has increased MPGS.

Jon Linn

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle 160,000 miles
Are you planning distrubuting these out to paying customer? Or are you just gathering data for those who are looking into going in this direction?

Either way I like the results so far

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Got mine installed tonight:

I haven't driven it yet. I have other things off the car for work. I'll get it on the road tomorrow. :)

Scott

GiGGer

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI TDI 130
Yes, this is a Passat PD130 Intake Manifold. Since they are longitudinal mount, the entrace of the intake is on the other side. Absolutely symetric to a PD150 Golf/Bora, but on the other side.

On a MK4, it ease the installation of a front mount intercooler without having a transversal pipe in front of the engine.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
validius said:
that pipe will need trimming.
DieselGeek's race pipe will NOT work. The flange on the stock ALH is smaller then the PD Manifold's. tdiparts sells the PD one:
http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=99&products_id=978http://www.tdiparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=99&products_id=978

As for the water hose you can just go get a Mk2 8V hose for $8 from any autoparts store. http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volkswagen/Golf/Cooling/265/2

Then get an EGR block off plate from www.idparts.com
http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29_117&products_id=780

Last edited:

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
Hello,

G60ING said:
DieselGeek's race pipe will NOT work. The flange on the stock ALH is smaller then the PD Manifold's. tdiparts sells the PD one...
Yes, get the PD piece. It works great! Also, beware that the flange on the race pipe is slightly thicker than the EGR it replaces. I managed to strip some threads on the manifold when using the factory bolts. :mad: I bought some M6x30mm bolts at Lowes since I thought I would need to nut the back side on one bolt. It turns out there was plenty of unstripped threads left to get the job done. Do yourself a favor and use 25mm long bolts. They'll fit well and not protrude behind the flange like on mine (see photo above).

Later!

Scott

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
I like the manifold. But I do not know if there are significant gains. It's possible I gained something through the middle of the band. I'll know more once I get my lift pump installed and can put out power at higher RPM.

DRVRFWND

TDI
2011 JSW TDI 6spd
Stealth TDI said:
I like the manifold. But I do not know if there are significant gains. It's possible I gained something through the middle of the band. I'll know more once I get my lift pump installed and can put out power at higher RPM.

any new news on this?

who sells a proper racepipe that will let me adapt my pd150 intake to my stock intercooler piping?

www.tdiparts.com isn't working?

V.

JohnTso

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Desert Jetta & 2015 Passat SEL
Purchased a PD130 BC from a member. Whitbread is making a race pipe for me to make the tranistion from the PD130 to my Mk3 AHU Jetta's inter-cooling system. We're just making sure of measurements for the race pipe whitbread is making. It's different from the PD130 AF in that the EGR bolts on to the back of the manifold and NOT the manifold inlet. Otherwise, pretty much the same. Looking for input/advice from anyone that has done this particular mod with this manifold. I've got EGR delete and required blocking plates, just want to make sure we're not missing something or need more parts.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
ive got them in stock.

Thanks

lunchboxsmash

TDI
98' AHU Jetta
Anyone else that reads this thread, Ryanp hooked me up all the way across the pond. He was fast, informed, and very good at getting me what i need. I would recomend for anyone who is looking for the parts he offers to use him. Further more, my install went smoothly and replacing the stock ( clogged ) AHU intake manifold with the PD130 kit was a significant difference in throttle response and turbo spool. This is probably mostly because it was not clogged but the price of the kit versus a stock replacement manifold means there is no question. I also know this manifold will serve as a good base modification to support future mods.

Last edited:

Duster408

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta
I think I got burned on my PD intake purchase..200 bucks is a bit steep probably? :(:confused:
Eh, not really. One I purchased two years ago cost $250, I purchased another one a week or so ago for $180. Since there's no steady supply of these, it's who has one and how bad a person wants it.

Rambocj7

TDI
Mk3 TDi, Mk4 Tdi, and B5 TDI
Does it throw any codes when you delete the EGR like that? My stock manifold and EGR is toast, throwing a code and spewing oil! Trying to figure out a long term solution.

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Does it throw any codes when you delete the EGR like that? My stock manifold and EGR is toast, throwing a code and spewing oil! Trying to figure out a long term solution.
Not if your mapper knows what he is doing. My car doesn't even think it has an EGR now, or even a MAF. :D