Tdi Ranger

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
That lowered caddy may be a better choice for a resident of America's Australia. Don't sweat the name-calling, I think its just his M.O. Please do post more about your TDI Ranger project.

fastscirocco

TDI
none yet
Newzboys said:
just go down to the boys in the hood and ask them where to get some airbags put on it

must say though, jackin it up and carrying moose won't do much good for milage

not sure if this is the right website for you Redneck Bob

Your comments are so rude and judgemental that I initially thought
you must be a friend of his jerking his chain.

I believe you owe him and this forum an apology

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Listen, you all took that to seriously, nothing wrong with being a redneck, whats wrong is talking about putting 31" tires and a headache rack on a fuel mizer, it won't be a fuel mizer any more.

I'm fairly redneck myself, got a house in the citrus groves of fort piece and closest neighbor is 2 miles away, and I have wild deer and pigs in my yard all the time, heck, saw a bobcat two months ago.

Nothing wrong with being a redneck, its just a different lifestyle.

mwrunt

TDI
1969 vw beetle 1.9aaz, 82 diesel westy, 1994 ranger soon to be aaz
Newzboys said:
Listen, you all took that to seriously, nothing wrong with being a redneck, whats wrong is talking about putting 31" tires and a headache rack on a fuel mizer, it won't be a fuel mizer any more.

I'm fairly redneck myself, got a house in the citrus groves of fort piece and closest neighbor is 2 miles away, and I have wild deer and pigs in my yard all the time, heck, saw a bobcat two months ago.

Nothing wrong with being a redneck, its just a different lifestyle.
there is nothing wrong with putting 31 in tires on my truck they serv a purpose and that is ground clerance. for this country u need it mud in the summer and snow in the winter and 35 km of unmaintained rd. as well as the headache rack serves its purpose from hauling my kyaks to lumber and being a wicnch point for wildgame as well as hoisting my windmill. with proper gear ratios in the diffs and a light foot this truck will always get better mpg then the old gas pot as well as more power and tourque. Also remember a pickup is almost always empty more then 50 percent of the time. and a weekly 1300 km round trip to visit my doughter makes this a very worthy build.
And just becouse you have wild animals in your back yard doesnt mean your a redneck i know lots of yuppy large yard devolopments intruding and taking over natural habititats.
I am not trying to be abrasive its just think about it loaded or unloaded this combination will way outdo the mpg of the gas plant.
But its your opinion stick with it if u like and go flog the two toyata builds as well :)

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Well, you lost me a bit with your post, but the skinny of it is that I'm not attempting to insult anyone, enjoy your tires everybody. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
no offence taken

When my fuel bill goes from 1600.month to 740/month he can call me anything he wants, it don`t matter :D

mwrunt, is that an M5od-R1 ford tranny? cause the plate i made covers the entire transmission and my starter bolts to the plate. Not sure how you'll be able to bolt a starter to that, judging from the pics mind you

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
Ted, no I never tried that, give me a quicky as to why that would make a difference with the cruise? Would it just work around the clutch input?

mwrunt

TDI
1969 vw beetle 1.9aaz, 82 diesel westy, 1994 ranger soon to be aaz
Lone Ranger said:
When my fuel bill goes from 1600.month to 740/month he can call me anything he wants, it don`t matter :D

mwrunt, is that an M5od-R1 ford tranny? cause the plate i made covers the entire transmission and my starter bolts to the plate. Not sure how you'll be able to bolt a starter to that, judging from the pics mind you
i think its borg warner t5 tranny from a svo mustang and the starter bolts to the tranny in the stock ford location. I havnt made any progress in the last little bit as i have been in and out of the hospital for the last few weeks but i started back at her today.
So if i can lay off the pain killers i mit make some progress tomorrow and take some pics and hpefully complete it in a few weeks before my next surgery.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
I wish I could put a TDI in my Blazer I have so I could have the diesel and the 4 wheel drive. Some may call you a redneck, some a hippie, I say engineer and survivalist

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
Tuning in Winnipeg

Where is the closest place if you are in winnipeg to get a reprogram done with the alligator chip? I'm assuming alligator is the best for mpg, and I think I read it somewhere on these pages?

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
ALH Cruise

If any of you ALH guys are bored one day, unplug your ABS computer and see if you still have cruise! I'm sure my local VW guys don`t know whats what, they say it should still work. I've tried everything and it just don`t work in my truck. I'm certain it has to do with the ABS computer not being on the can-bus!
Prove me right boys :D

SeanP

TDI
96 Passat
Why not save yourself so much trouble and buy a rabbit pickup instead? Because there aren't many rabbit trucks left yet there are plenty of rangers, s-10's, etc out there looking for a new cleaner efficient lease on life. I used to have a 94 Mazda B3000 (ranger's step brother) and loved that truck. Lone Ranger, you'd be a millionair if you can come up with a conversion kit. I'd love to have one.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Lone Ranger said:
If any of you ALH guys are bored one day, unplug your ABS computer and see if you still have cruise! I'm sure my local VW guys don`t know whats what, they say it should still work. I've tried everything and it just don`t work in my truck. I'm certain it has to do with the ABS computer not being on the can-bus!
Prove me right boys :D
No, nothing to do with abs. You should see the letter "G" in the header after 1.9L . . . (not AG/SG at end) if not login to engine with 11463. Next go into measuring blocks field 006, and check operation of clutch, brake, and stalk switches. It is very easy to diagnose. I typically find a broken trace in the ribbon supplying the power. It's easy to add jumper in ecu to keep cruise always on.

Jeff

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
Yeah if I had a VAG COM I'd be laughin' but l alas I don`t. Anyway a guy I know that has a jetta TDI says that if there is wheel slip the cruise is automatically deactivated, if he is right that means it must monitor the wheels through the ABS wheel sensors. If that is correct that means the abs and cruise are tied to together. So again, unplug your abs computer and see if you can get cruise

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
SeanP said:
Why not save yourself so much trouble and buy a rabbit pickup instead? Because there aren't many rabbit trucks left yet there are plenty of rangers, s-10's, etc out there looking for a new cleaner efficient lease on life. I used to have a 94 Mazda B3000 (ranger's step brother) and loved that truck. Lone Ranger, you'd be a millionair if you can come up with a conversion kit. I'd love to have one.
SeanP, that just might happen if I feel there is enough demand for it. I have alot of people that ask me for a how to/kit, but so far no dollars have been floated by me :D. So I've kind of just done nothing about it so far....

but stay tuned at....

www.tdranger.com

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
Well that sounds like I might have to get me one of those reprogrammers. Thanks for the info quadcomm!

What is the fee for getting the updates sent to your e-mail?

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
Lone Ranger said:
Well that sounds like I might have to get me one of those reprogrammers. Thanks for the info quadcomm!
What is the fee for getting the updates sent to your e-mail?
It's all included in the FlashZilla and tune purchase. You buy them once and then receive tunes from us until you're satisfied.

Only if you add new mods later on, like different injectors or different turbo, there will be a small fee for upgrading your tune.

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
Well now I almost certainly have to do this.

Anything you can do to turn off the CEL related to my egr system being removed?

What kinda gain can i expect just from a reprogram with no mods done, just a completely factory motor?

Mark@MaloneTuning

TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
Yes I can turn off both the fault code and CEL relating to deleted EGR. It's a common mod. Around 120hp for a 2002 1.9L ALH TDI 10mm with no other mods.

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
quadcomm said:
Yes I can turn off both the fault code and CEL relating to deleted EGR. It's a common mod. Around 120hp for a 2002 1.9L ALH TDI 10mm with no other mods.
And also a gain in mpg too I would imagine? its between 39 and 42mpg right now.

Mark@MaloneTuning

TDI
Some people have reported a MPG gain with our tunes.. some significant, some minor. If you will always drive aggressively with a tune, you may not see a MPG gain.

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
For Sale

I want to build another one so bad, but the place is a parking lot, so something has gotta go. It sure won`t be my pinto with a 408! Just bought a 2008 Ranger, The 2005 mustang is where the 408 is going, so those aren`t going anywhere! So that makes the TDR for sale!

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
Growler said:
how much>?
Well the adapter plate cost me 4 grand to build, the motor, turbo and engine wiring was another 3800. Then it took me 3 months to build. So i was figuring somewhere around 10 would be reasonable

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Despite the truck being neat, the sum of the parts are worth more than the whole. I'd say $6000 would be reasonable.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
<-- Is Aaron... Wish I had the coin man, its a great conversion.