Has anybody had any work done by car54 recently?

O0_Ia

TDI
DESTROYED
I need my timing belt changed and I'm wondering if car54 is still working on TDIs.

tmleadr03

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
I hear its impossible to get a hold of him. One guy who came to me said he tried for about 3 weeks to get a hold of him before giving up. Had money in hand, was willing to tow his car to him and drop it off and still couldnt get a hold of him to do that. He must be major busy to be turning away work like that. That does nothing but say good things about his abilities and how in demand he is I guess.

O0_Ia

TDI
DESTROYED
I'm located in Northern Virginia.

A few people have recommended the following members: TdiRacing and Minion, but they're located in Maryland.

I've also had suggestions for the following shops:
Currys Auto (pricy)
Euro Imports in Alexandria (don't have any experience with this shop)
Volkswerks in Falls Church (never heard of this place)

Any suggestions

sdk131

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL RC1+
O0_Ia said:
I'm located in Northern Virginia.

A few people have recommended the following members: TdiRacing and Minion, but they're located in Maryland.

Any suggestions
I hear there are a few bridges that connect MD to VA, but I'm not sure. ;-) Seriously though, it'd be worth taking it to a known good shop/person. Just make a day of it, take it to Oliver in Baltimore and go to the aquarium for the day or something.

mydeathbynapalm

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Reflex Silver
Oliver(TdiRacing) does great work at a very fair price...he's damn good at what he does. You might be able to set up a time after work so you don't miss a day, etc... It's very much worth the 100 mile round trip.(for me at least)

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
mydeathbynapalm said:
It's very much worth the 100 mile round trip.(for me at least)
A-men.

OP: Keep your car away from the butchers and local VW "experts". Heck, some guys have to re-mortgage their house just to get their cars running again after the experts foul them up and disable them :(

thebaz67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A7
I am located in Mid VA, between Charlottesville and Richmond. Maybe we can get enough cars together to do a TB day and coax an expert down to our area?

My 2005 is ready for the TB change and I was:( also trying to reach Car54 when you posted this.

Baz

Last edited:

alex97jazzblue

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BRM
I am looking for someone in Maryland too, my car's fuel pump has lost it's prime and I need someone to fix it.

I called Oliver and he said he did not have enough time for the next three weeks.

I checked Bosch's website and there is only one service center and it's on the eastern shore.

Its about time that NGP get real and invest in a TDI mechanic.
I have a hard time convincing people to buy TDI's when I have to tell them we have no "real" shops you can count on to do the job right, or even at all.

I could try and fix this myself, but I am in no way skilled enough and am not interested in causing 1-3K in damages.

We really need a shop in Maryland or at least update the trusted mechanics list.

alex97jazzblue

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BRM
Thanks Tom, I caught his name in above posts (and of course recognized it)
and have already sent him an email.

I have a good feeling about this (easy enough since this is all we got).

thanks

tmleadr03

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
alex97jazzblue said:
I am looking for someone in Maryland too, my car's fuel pump has lost it's prime and I need someone to fix it.

I called Oliver and he said he did not have enough time for the next three weeks.

I checked Bosch's website and there is only one service center and it's on the eastern shore.

Its about time that NGP get real and invest in a TDI mechanic.
I have a hard time convincing people to buy TDI's when I have to tell them we have no "real" shops you can count on to do the job right, or even at all.

I could try and fix this myself, but I am in no way skilled enough and am not interested in causing 1-3K in damages.

We really need a shop in Maryland or at least update the trusted mechanics list.
Fuel lift pump (in tank) or the injection pump? Is the fuel getting to the engine compartment and then not getting to the engine or is it not even getting to the engine compartment?