Water Leak in Rear Driverside Footwell/some in Driver Front

CladNKaos

TDI
VW Jetta 2010
Good afternoon guys,
After attempting to trade in my 2010 TDI sedan due to the issues that I've been having, I have come to the conclusion that I would be better off fixing any remaining issues and keeping it till the wheels fall off most likely.

The first hurdle I need to overcome before I'm willing to commit to this is a leak into the driver side. There has been some water noted in the driver's front, and a lot of water noted in the driver's rear.

**It should be noted that I regularly park on an incline, nose up, but even parking it on leveled ground has not seemed to necessarily fix this. **

I have already checked the valence area, as well as the sunroof drains. The sun roof drains were a little backed up, but they have been fixed. Bands were also already installed to hold the hose over the nipples on all 4 drains from the sunroof.

Valence area was pretty clean. I did not fully dismantle it, but did peel the cover back and there was not much debris there. This seems to have been reported as a bigger issue for people living in an area with pine trees due to the fine debris that can cause quite the water trap.

The other day, I was trying to track some water flow using pollen that had been left behind, and it appeared there may be one area where water is crossing over a seal nearest the B post of the rear door. I'm not sure that this is a reliable way of determining anything, but I am grasping at straws at this point.

At this time, it was also noted that water was draining from a few extra places it looked like on the passenger side as compared to the driver side. Are there supposed to be drains in the doors that could overflow and cause leakage into the footwells?

Finally, I just came in from checking the valence area and noticed that the trim in front of my side-view mirror is almost like peeling up a little bit. Could this be causing the leak?

Any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
These are not fun diagnosing problems, lots of time and patience are required. The sun roof weather striping is adjustable if the leak is from over head. If the seat was wet this is a good place to start, I sit in the car and get someone to spray certain areas to try to determine leakage points. If its leaking in the front and you are inclined in the front then the water will migrate to the rear. hope some of this helps and good luck. remember patience..

CladNKaos

TDI
VW Jetta 2010
Hey Mach1, thanks for your reply! You are certainly not wrong about the time and patience; I'm just not mechanically inclined, so I was trying to find somewhere else to start since the sunroof has been checked off the list.

Update:
I took the driver side wheel well covers off and knocked out a bunch of really fine soil and leaves that could definitely have been causing some issues. It got dark and cold, so I didn't get a chance to test it, but I will be running water over it tomorrow after I go ahead and break down the valence area totally to confirm no other debris blockages there.

Otherwise, I hope I got it.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Yeah I know what you mean on the sand, its really fine like silt and everywhere behind the panel. I think some leak thru the AC vents as well. I saw some water drops underneath the dash by the steering shaft. Good luck hope you got it..

CladNKaos

TDI
VW Jetta 2010
Just an update: It was the sunroof vent and it has been fixed. The guy that checked it didn't do a good job the first time, but he offered to take it back and recheck because he looked at the wrong drain.

All is good and well! Just need the timing belt replaced and it'll be like a new car!