MKVI (Skid Plate/Splash guard/Door Guard) - Local Source?

hvcl

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
Took delivery of the new car...http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=338133

Has anyone locally installed the metal skid plate on their MKVI's yet? Is there a local source for that or will there be one ;)?

Additionally looking for the splash guards and door guards...I do realize the dealer is a source, but looking for other options before heading back to one or ordering them from the US.

Thanks...

pbraunton

Veteran Member
TDI
03' Jetta TDi
check out the course for used parts, .....

google "the source for vw", ...located at finch and the 400, ....

Brandon BDC automotive, ...also has metal skid plates, also located around 400 and finch, ........

there is also another supplier of metal skid plates int he area, but the name escapes me right now

hvcl

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
Okay thanks for the replies...hoping for local, but if online it has to be, so be it :)...The Source...long shot, but who knows :).

BrettS

TDI
2014 Golf Wagon
Hey HVCL and KARKS, I wouldn't mind getting in on a skid plate order if you guys go that route and want to split the shipping in three.

Brett

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Two Panzers is the most that can be shipped via US Postal Service in one box. Shipping two at once costs $120.00. Shipping one MK4 or MK5/MK6 plate alone to Canada is $69 via USPS. Shipping a B5 Panzer only costs $50 and shipping two is $81.00.

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Two Panzers is the most that can be shipped via US Postal Service in one box. Shipping two at once costs $120.00. Shipping one MK4 or MK5/MK6 plate alone to Canada is $69 via USPS. Shipping a B5 Panzer only costs $50 and shipping two is $81.00.

hvcl

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
Thanks for the reply

So from that...there is probably not much that can saved, when you factor in the drive/time etc as compared to delivery to your door :).

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Get a crapload, and ship them on a skid via a company like Yellow Frieght. Put some feelers out there, you never know.

Remember that MK4 Evolution skid plate buy? That was a big buy.

hvcl

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
Yup I remember that GB, phatdub did a great job...don't know the details there but I'm sure a lot of time and effort went into that:eek:...always a possibility...who wants to start one :p.

Anyhow Christmas is coming...too many things on the list to check off first:eek:

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Anyhow Christmas is coming...too many things on the list to check off first:eek:
its all fun and games until you hit a frozen slush off of truck and take out the oil pan;). Get this done ASAP. Its better to pay 20$ more now rather then paying 2000$ to fix the pan or blown engine!

This was the first thing i did to my 2011 Jetta. It also did save me couple of times last year when i hit couple of frozen slush. :D

JimBo_KW

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Highline
I got mine from diesel geek in US and I don't think shipping was much.
Hey Mo, since I ran over that that huge piece of metal that damaged my front end I have been thinking of getting a skid plate for this car like I had on the 03. If I get this then I don't have to buy the plastic "splash guard " that was broken, correct? As it costs about about $166.

Also, did you notice increased noise from the engine after the skid plate was installed? I know I did on my last one so I glued on some carpet underpad to deaden the noise.

Thanks

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
JimBo,

You will need at least a gasser belly pan to use with the Dieselgeek MK6 Panzer. The advantage of reusing the factory belly pan with the Panzer is to retain all of the advantages of the belly pan such as heat retention and noise reduction. The Panzer in combination with the factory belly pan should be even quieter than stock due to the rigidity of the skid plate.