Got my 2015 SEL yesterday

New Mickey

The user formerly known as mickey
TDI
2015 Passat
Same dealer, same long drive home as when I bought the Evil Beetle.

No big surprises about the car, since my daughter bought a 2017 gasser a couple of months ago. Getting used to the slightly odd ergonomics. (Never had a car with a steering wheel that doesn't point at the driver's seat before. ***?)

Also getting use to my first dual-clutch transmission. It's also slightly odd, but since I know what it is and how it works there is nothing surprising.

Definitely a nice, solid car. I've been driving a 2015 Ford F-150 crew cab 4x4 with the 2.7 Ecoboost, which I loved more than a human baby, but couldn't justify the expense for a daily driver. For as often as I actually need a truck I can rent one from Home Depot. Sucks, because that is THE best truck I've ever owned. Fantastic in every way. Quick, quiet, comfortable, and a lifetime average of 23 mpg.

Wait....is this a Ford ad? Sorry. Anyway, happy to have a TDI again. Especially one as loaded to the gills as you could get in 2015.

I don't know exactly which TDI Jail this one was sitting in for 2 years, but it's a previously untitled 2015 with 2700 miles on the odometer. Wherever it was, it was DUSTY. The engine compartment looks like something that was sitting in Norman Bates' attic for 50 years, but that'll rinse off. The windshield is cracked, so they're replacing that on Friday. Dried up leaves and crap have blown under the hood, too. Poor thing. But it registers as "new", and has the extended TDI warranty, so I'm fine with it.

Not looking forward to that first timing belt change, but at least I have all the tools. :D

-mickey

tdi54

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Diesel(sold), 2009 Jetta TDI MT(sold)2010 Jetta TDI MT, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL, DSG, 99 Ford F 350 PSD Dually, 2016 BMW X5 xDrive35d, 2016 535d
Congratulations on the purchase.. I am still undecided whether to sell my 2010 and get a 2015. 2010 just drives fine and has brand new tires with the 4 wheel alignment was just done. So at this point I may keep driving it probably at least until Sept 2018.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Who is this?
Shame on you Tomo! As a long time member here you should remember Mickey who once had a black A4 New Beetle named 'Evil Beetle'. He had quite a few adventures with it and there were many threads about same back in the day. I think after a few years he was banned or dropped out of sight here. His old posts (circa 2002 or so) mark 'mickey' as having guest status. Here are three sample threads from Mickey:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=8301&highlight=mickey+evil+beetle

^^ You responded to this thread in post #12 so you knew of him back then ^^

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=10036&highlight=mickey+evil+beetle

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=12389&highlight=mickey+evil+beetle

I note in the link just above 'Velvet Foot' which is another name we used to see around here in the past. That makes both of us old... ;)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Shame on you Tomo! As a long time member here you should remember Mickey who once had a black A4 New Beetle named 'Evil Beetle'. He had quite a few adventures with it and there were many threads about same back in the day. I think after a few years he was banned or dropped out of sight here. His old posts (circa 2002 or so) mark 'mickey' as having guest status. Here are three sample threads from Mickey:
I note in the link just above 'Velvet Foot' which is another name we used to see around here in the past. That makes both of us old... ;)
I remember him well.....and I also remember what happened to him 15 years ago.....I knew them all very well....Skypup, Mickey, Turbo Steve....
By the way I am one of the 1st 100 members...been to every TDI Fest but 2.....there are 3 folks here that have been to all of them....
by the Way Karl Roenik changed his name to Velvet foot....

Last edited:

New Mickey

TDI
2015 Passat
Shame on YOU for thinking it was black. It was YELLOW!

-mickey

New Mickey

TDI
2015 Passat
Last I knew KERMA still owned it, but I haven't seen it around town in a couple of years. Come to think of it, I haven't seen KERMA either. I think he moved to Colorado.

-mickey

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Shame on YOU for thinking it was black. It was YELLOW!
-mickey
A thousand apologies to you then. For some reason I thought it was black - probably because it matches up with the Evil Beetle monicker better. :cool:

Don't think we ever met in person either but I did read many of your threads years ago. Wish you best of luck with your 2015 SEL - they are nice rides! Mine is a 2014 SEL - zero trouble so far other than the heater core recall which was done last fall.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
15 years ago, I was over at vwdieselparts with jack back then, held out on the TDI craze until common rail's still love my old IDI golf

rileyctr

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Bought one also

Same dealer, same long drive home as when I bought the Evil Beetle.
No big surprises about the car, since my daughter bought a 2017 gasser a couple of months ago. Getting used to the slightly odd ergonomics. (Never had a car with a steering wheel that doesn't point at the driver's seat before. ***?)
Also getting use to my first dual-clutch transmission. It's also slightly odd, but since I know what it is and how it works there is nothing surprising.
Definitely a nice, solid car. I've been driving a 2015 Ford F-150 crew cab 4x4 with the 2.7 Ecoboost, which I loved more than a human baby, but couldn't justify the expense for a daily driver. For as often as I actually need a truck I can rent one from Home Depot. Sucks, because that is THE best truck I've ever owned. Fantastic in every way. Quick, quiet, comfortable, and a lifetime average of 23 mpg.
Wait....is this a Ford ad? Sorry. Anyway, happy to have a TDI again. Especially one as loaded to the gills as you could get in 2015.
I don't know exactly which TDI Jail this one was sitting in for 2 years, but it's a previously untitled 2015 with 2700 miles on the odometer. Wherever it was, it was DUSTY. The engine compartment looks like something that was sitting in Norman Bates' attic for 50 years, but that'll rinse off. The windshield is cracked, so they're replacing that on Friday. Dried up leaves and crap have blown under the hood, too. Poor thing. But it registers as "new", and has the extended TDI warranty, so I'm fine with it.
Not looking forward to that first timing belt change, but at least I have all the tools. :D
-mickey
Bought my "New" 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium last month, turned in my 2012 to the evil dieselgaters:p
loved the old one for 110K miles, 55 miles on the clock for the 2015 show room new with replaced tires, etc

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
it's made the rounds LOL

now back to our regularly scheduled thread

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
it's made the rounds LOL

now back to our regularly scheduled thread
I remember chasing that car down the mountain from Park City when I arrived a couple of days early for TDIFest in 2001. We weren't sure what to do since we were early, and lo and behold there was the Evil Beetle heading the other direction... busted a u-turn and caught up with mickey. I was in my own yellow New Beetle at the time. :cool:

The plate says TRBO DZL ... same plate that I have on my Touareg right now. :D

Last edited: