Anybody elses dealer cuts corners on the oil / filter changes on the new 2015s?

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf - Gone in BUYBACK. Replaced with 2015 Golf
On the Alltrack there is "glue lines" from the edge of the plastic sheets that will need a good soapy elbow grease wash to clean off, real easy to notice 2 weeks after a quick wash.

Its on the list of things to clean up.
The one I am picking up has had some of this white sheeting on since 2015 sitting outside. I'm not sure if its extra protection (from bird crap and such) or a hindrance (glue lines, fading, etc.). We shall see!

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
From what I could tell, the protective plastic sheeting did its' job. You will probably find some residue at various crevasses and a rectangular area around the shark fin antenna where paint was exposed. That took clay bar & Zaino cleaner swirl mark remover to get it to blend smoothly with the surfaces protected under the protective sheets.

nordska

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6MT, 2002.5 Jetta Wagon ALH 5MT
I just purchased my GSW 6MT on Saturday. The fuel filter is definitely original as it is date stamped 5/13/2015 and shows no signs it has been touched. Oil is clean and at the correct level as is the brake fluid - no way for me to tell if it was changed or not. Is there an official list of what they are suppose to service on the 2015MY TDIs before they go out? Or is it on a car by car basis? I also read someone else saying they got their wiper blades replaced.... Just trying to figure out what things (if any) they skipped on my car at delivery.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
I just purchased my GSW 6MT on Saturday. The fuel filter is definitely original as it is date stamped 5/13/2015 and shows no signs it has been touched. Oil is clean and at the correct level as is the brake fluid - no way for me to tell if it was changed or not. Is there an official list of what they are suppose to service on the 2015MY TDIs before they go out? Or is it on a car by car basis? I also read someone else saying they got their wiper blades replaced.... Just trying to figure out what things (if any) they skipped on my car at delivery.
I saw a pic of a check list someone posted, but can't seem to find it. When I asked my dealer he mentioned some items that they were required to do by VWOA, but couldn't show me any paper trail of what was done. So... I requested two things to be done before I took ownership: replace battery and tires. I know both were done based on date codes on battery and tires. They also replaced both batteries in the key fob. I may opt to change my oil/filter myself at 5k just in case the dealer didn't do it.

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
Did you open up the fuel filter canister and check the date on the paper element? You can see where the filter is under the hood, but can't see the actual filter.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Did you open up the fuel filter canister and check the date on the paper element? You can see where the filter is under the hood, but can't see the actual filter.

Also curious, the canister probably has a dates stamped on it but I can't recall ever seeing a fuel filter with a date stamped on it.

nordska

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6MT, 2002.5 Jetta Wagon ALH 5MT
So the black cylinder is a housing and there is a paper fuel filter inside? I thought that piece was the actual fuel filter like it is on my ALH. In that case I have no idea if it was actually changed by the dealer....

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
So the black cylinder is a housing and there is a paper fuel filter inside? I thought that piece was the actual fuel filter like it is on my ALH. In that case I have no idea if it was actually changed by the dealer....
if there is no any oily splashes or any stains or odor it probably wasnt. Try to change it and you will understand how impossible it is not to make anything there

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I don't think the date on the filter is of any real importance. The date only tells when the filter was made- not installed. The filter itself would be the last of my worries anyhow. I'd rather have the factory fuel filter than a stripped housing any day.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Correct; it's a housing and the element is inside. And for the same reason I'm hesitant to trust what the dealer says is done as well. It's an easy job to replace it but since it was supposed to be done...!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
And they milked VWoA for every minute of the "work" performed.