Code P2108

RT1

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf 1.9 TDI w/tiptronic 09A
Just in time for inspection my '05 Golf threw a couple of codes: bad o2 sensor and the code P2108 that read "Throttle Actuator Control Module Performance"
I figure at this age I owe the poor thing an new o2 sensor so replaced it and reset the codes... the P2108 code came back. I have no problem with acceleration, stalling, whatever and I don't want to start throwing parts at it. If I reset, the mil goes out but the code is still there. Has anyone else experienced this? Is the "go" pedal serviceable without having to replace the whole assembly?

RT1

Veteran Member
TDI
Long story short: the problem was in fact the throttle body regulating flap that the charge tube slips into. Passed inspection, so on to the next 100k miles.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
If it's the one I'm thinking of, anti shutter valve, which I replaced a few years ago. I don't remember the code, but the engine had a slight jerk upon shut down. The tube also needed replacement due to worn down barbs/nubs.

Last edited:

RT1

Veteran Member
TDI
Same thing. That charge tube nub design is great for factory assembly. In the field it stinks. I replaced mine once. I figured with the new throttle body I'd get the "collar" fix while I'm at it. The replacement charge tube was getting loose and the collar is a lot cheaper than the charge tube.