Who has the most miles on their 2015 Passat TDI and how it holding up?

Itzed

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I just turned 20K, so far so good. Wondering about the issues others have had on B7 TDIs, and whether or not they will show up on our 2015s with the EA288.

dbias

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE w sunroof buyback 3/18/17
Bought on 3/15/15 and have 32,000 now. Only thing that's popped up is an adblue error.... the yellow bottle and wrench below it. Refilled and calibrated and hasn't reappeared in 800 miles.

jimbo1mcm

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM Blue 2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM's Silver and Blue
20,000. Only a sway bar link. Probably from a pot hole.

Riflesmith

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 6M, 2015 Golf TDI 6A
Purchased on 5/12/15, 34,000 trouble free miles so far. Only complaint is a minor one. I do all of my own maintenance, and I have not been successful in getting the oil change reminder to reset. I have tried multiple times. Since it only chimes once on startup, not a big deal.

Itzed

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
While that thread would help with how many miles are on the NMS passat in general, It would not help him narrow it down to the '15 Passat and and potential problems with the EA288 engine.
Thanks, that was going to be my reply. I'm specifically concerned about the HPFP and AdBlue heater and things that I "hope" changed with the EA288. Long term, my plans right now would be to add the 2 micron AFTER the warranty expires, but I would love it if a lack of failures caused me to not find that necessary. :)

dbias

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE w sunroof buyback 3/18/17
While that thread would help with how many miles are on the NMS passat in general, It would not help him narrow it down to the '15 Passat and and potential problems with the EA288 engine.
I agree and that's why I responded. Other than bore spacing I believe everything to do with the ea288 is different from the previous tdi so we should be looking for trends within the 2015. Although there is very few of them out there it should still be tracked. My first uoa @20k miles showed markedly lower Al than the previous TDI's so something has changed.

Zoso

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Nearing 36,000 miles on mine. Had ad-blue error once when it was very cold. It froze and needed to be reset. Had a dash creak that took several visits to get fixed. Had a strange whine from what I believe was the fuel pump when it was very cold. Haven't heard it since. Overall the car had been great and has returned 43.4MPG average over the life of the car.

jimbo1mcm

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM Blue 2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM's Silver and Blue
Purchased on 5/12/15, 34,000 trouble free miles so far. Only complaint is a minor one. I do all of my own maintenance, and I have not been successful in getting the oil change reminder to reset. I have tried multiple times. Since it only chimes once on startup, not a big deal.
I use the VCDS from Ross Tech and re-set it. Works well.

JazzBeBop

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE manual
Purchased in 12/2014. 21K+ miles and no issues whatsoever. A road hazard broke a part of the front grill. A road hazard also ruined one of the original tires and since no one had the OE at the available Discount Tire stores, I decided to check with the VW dealer and they wanted $260 for ONE TIRE. I told them that they could kiss my grits, so I sold the three left over tires and got some Pirellis instead.

Mountain TDI

TDI
2002 and 2003 Jettas and 2015 Passat 6M
59,000+ on my 2015 passat, bought 1 year ago, 0.0 problems. Bought new tires recently, now the tire pressure sensor light is on. Malone Stage 2 as well. Do all my own maintenance. Great car.

Itzed

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
59,000+ on my 2015 passat, bought 1 year ago, 0.0 problems. Bought new tires recently, now the tire pressure sensor light is on. Malone Stage 2 as well. Do all my own maintenance. Great car.
I plan on doing all my own as well. My long term plan is to keep it stock until the warranty is over, unless there is a "tune" that is required as a result of dieselgate. If that happens, then I'm heading to Malone the day afterwards.

eats1963

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
50,450 on my 2015. Have "Inspection Now!" showing on my MFD, but no codes. Trying to figure out what this means.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
50,450 on my 2015. Have "Inspection Now!" showing on my MFD, but no codes. Trying to figure out what this means.
It means the oil change countdown has expired and needs to be reset. You can do that through the multifunction display menu.

Itzed

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
This is how to reset the 2015 for the service interval:
1. Switch car off .
2. Switch on the emergency flashers.
3. Press and hold the 0.0/Set button on the instrument cluster.
4. Switch on the ignition.
5. Release the 0.0/Set button.
6. A confirmation message appears in the display. Confirm request with the OK button on the multi-function steering wheel.
7. Switch off the emergency flashers.

Same process for just the oil change, except don't turn on the flashers, so skip step 2 and 7.