Winter Snow package

J.Tomasello14

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6SPD
So this is my first passat and I'm coming from a Audi A4. I really feel like this car is terrible in the snow and would like to invest in snow tires. This is off of tire rack. Will this package have issues with wheel sensors or really kill MPG. also any reviews on this package if some has experience with this size rim and tire please let me know.

Thanks, Joe
Tire and Wheel Packages
Item Description Availability Qty. Price Each Item Total
-215/60R16 Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 Blackwall
for 2014 Volkswagen Passat TDI In Stock 4 $106.00 $424.00

-16x7 MSW Type 14 Silver Painted
for 2014 Volkswagen Passat TDI Back Order 4 $89.00 $356.00
See specific installation hardware included at no charge.
Hunter Road Force™ Mounting and Balancing

FREE! FREE!
These tires and wheels will be mounted and balanced at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.
Shipping Sub-Total: $116.55
Order Total
Shipping Total: $116.55
Sales Tax: $0.00
Excise Tax: $0.00
State Waste Tire Fund Fee: $0.00
Order Total: $896.55

passatv6af

Veteran Member
TDI
B7 6MT
B7s don't have wheel sensors. Psi can be adjusted with the button in the glove box. Smart idea to get winter tires now with all the snow we have in Chicago. Mpg should be the same, nothing you will notice. Drive safe!

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
I have the same Blizzaks on my Passat, and also 16x7 rims, with no issues to report. Have been very pleased with the traction in winter weather.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
If you drive frequently in the snow (this year perhaps you are) you might consider Firestone Winterforce tires instead. They have a more aggressive snow tread. Noisier on drive pavement, but better than the Blizzaks in deep snow.

J.Tomasello14

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6SPD
Thank you guys, Ive looked in other threads so don't think i didn't look before asking. Its just so hard to get a answer after everyone gets off topic on some threads. Thanks a lot,
Joe

hudsonian

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Highline TDI
So I have a set of 17" Momo Win 2 alloys (bought from Canadian Tire) with a set of Michelin X ice 3. They work well up here in Canada. The thing I really like about the Michelin is how quiet they are on normal roads and they are much more fuel efficient than my Goodyear snow tires on my other car, well worth looking at.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I just put X ice 3s on my Golf. They're a good snow tire for here, where we don't get a lot of snow. They seem better for slush and packed snow. The Conti Extreme Winter Contacts on my wagon are better in loose snow.

J.Tomasello14

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6SPD
well i ordered what i posted on the original post. I will let you guys know how they handle as soon as they come in. Supposed to be in thursday.

Joe