Votes: 27 14.2%
  • Candy White

Votes: 31 16.3%

• Total voters

collector_edi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Never owned a silver car but Tungsten beat out black for me. I'm saving a good amount on car washes.

Oldoarsman

TDI
FO: 2012 Passat TDI SEL, '10 Jetta S/W 6sp man, '97 Passat TDI 5sp man, '85 Golf Diesel
Tungsten Silver with cornsilk interior.

Tungsten is a chameleon for picking up the colors around it when I park the car... Looks like champagne in our diveway, and silver at work...with the colors on the leaves in our area right now, it's a metallic tan.....all very effective in looking good while hiding the dirt.

Corn silk interior really highlights the "wood" details in the interior, although requires more attention in keeping it clean.

The tungsten/corn silk combination keeps our Passat cooler during our hot Virginia summers.

Very happy with the color.

Last edited:

Ace Deprave

Veteran Member
TDI
Former owner of a 2012 Passat SE TDI (traded for a 2015 Golf R)
Looks like Glacier Blue was dropped as a color choice by VW.
I love that color, one that's rare to actually see out in the wild. I guess now yours will be even more unique!

When I was a very young kid, my dad had a Bug very similar in color. He called it silver-blue.

Dave A

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6MT
There were no 6-MT cars within 100 miles of me on any of the sites at the time I was looking to buy one. The 2013s had sold out and the 2014s weren't listed yet. I decided to check out a dealer or two anyway. The first one told me he had no MT's and didn't know when or if he would be getting any. He claimed that VW would be producing fewer MTs for 2014 since they weren't selling well. Clearly, he was hoping to talk me into a DSG.
The next dealer was a little more helpful. The first "I don't think so, but let me check on something,'' turned into ''there was a silver one but it sold.'' The salesman understood that I had no interest in a DSG so he tried a second "let me try something'' and came back with "I got permission to show you the 2014 in the warehouse, it just came in yesterday, I think it's grey.''
We went to the warehouse and I test drive the car, plastic film still on it and all. It was platinum grey/titan black, that was good since it was one of the colors I wanted (along with tungsten and silver) and I wanted the black interior. I bought the car, the color choice wasn't mine but it worked out OK. I like tungsten better but I'm happy with platinum. I might have been happy with white but I'm a little tired of it having driven a white '07 Jetta for close to 6 years. I really wanted to like the red as well but while it looks great under some lighting conditions, other conditions don't do anything for it.

Last edited:

CMac

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI 6MT
Glacier Blue is gone for 2014, I had to order my Opera Red/Cornsilk SE TDI with 6MT. The dealer said there was one (1) 2013 in Ohio, but couldn't make the deal with that dealer to get it to Colorado.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Night blue. Wishing I would have gotten the lip spoiler as well .

Every TDI I've bought I've tried to get in dark blue. Guess you know what color I'm partial to.

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
Seems like a pretty sparse selection of colors. My mk4 is dark green, seems to fit the car well. No greens, no blues on the new cars??

superchud

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SE w/ Sunroof (DSG)
When touring the plant, they noted that Platinum Grey their most popular color and that they were retiring one color and adding a new silver color to the lineup for 2014.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
When touring the plant, they noted that Platinum Grey their most popular color and that they were retiring one color and adding a new silver color to the lineup for 2014.
You can have any color you want, as long as it's some shade of gray.

In reality, you can also get dark blue and brick red.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
Just realized that I never posted up my reflex silver- wanted the tungsten but wasn't available in my area.

drcoopster

Veteran Member
TDI
EcoDiesel
My previous TDI was silver with the black interior, and I liked it. I went for the same with this one. Why ruin a good thing? :p

RBTDI

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL, Night Blue / Titan Black
Night blue with black interior. Beautiful. Check out my pics in the photo section.

tigerdog

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Opera Red over Black

TDI SEL - Opera Red with black interior. Bought it a year ago; friendly dealer had to get it from another dealer and have it trucked in. Of the hundreds of TDI SELs in California, Nevada and Arizona, precisely three Opera Reds had black interiors. I still haven't seen another. The combination works amazingly well. I've had strangers stop me in parking lots and compliment me on the color.

8v-of-fury

Grey, Silver and White are the top choices?

Lively bunch we got here eh?

dragfree

TDI
2013 Passat
Tungsten w/black. Nicely understated, like the clean lines of the car. Ubiquitous, however, and at times I wish I'd gone for my second choice: the slightly glitzier but seldom seem Glacier Blue.