Think I need a new injector pump. Getting an actuator code & fuel temp sensor code

codylent

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI, 2015 Jetta TDI
Think I need a new injector pump. Getting an actuator code & fuel temp sensor code

Hi guys! I really hope someone can help me. It started out as when I start my car in the morning it would idle fine but when I revved it up it would sputter and then smooth out after it idled a few minutes. I thought maybe fuel filter but it wasn't. Then I was just driving down the road and the car it still running but when I hit the gas nothing happened and then it rolled to a stop and shut off. Then it would start and rev real high and then shut right back off. I tried it a few more times and then if finally started and would idle but once I revved it up to about 2000 RPM it would sputter. I took it to the local VW shop (not a VW dealer, just someone who works on just VW & Audi) and he said there is 2 codes coming up. I cannot remember what he called the 1 code but it was something with fuel actuator and the other is a fuel temp sensor code. He said that is built into the pump. Anyone else ever had a similar problem? He said he thinks it's a bad pump. I just want to be sure.

BENDERS

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDi
Im not sure what the weather is like where you live but I live in canada and I have worked on 2 TDi's with injection pump codes and it ended up being gelled fuel. I used a bottle of diesel 911 and replaced the fuel filter and the engine's ran great again. This also happen to my own tdi as well. I was driving home late on winter's night and my car started to buck and sputter and then threw a check engine light and stalled. I couldnt get it started after unless I cranked it for a while. I limped the car home and I read the codes and I ended up replacing the fuel filter added diesel 911. Good luck

Last edited:

77machomopar

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 5 speed
the fuel tep sensor is replaceable in the pup. its like a $20 part from idparts.com