TDI 2.5", 3" stainless turbo back exhaust, 1.8T downpipes, 17/22 turbos, egr blockoff

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
I'm staying stock turbo until they need to be hybridized. When do you think you'll have that turbo back with dual resonators ready to cross the border?

I don't have an exact date yet, the car is under the knife for some other R&D this week.

gotsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
`04 passat tdi
iwas wanting the downpipe with out the bubble ,just a straight pipe like the rest of the pipe.i guess it was a request.also would this have any effect on the price? when could we see these being available from Andrew at Fix My V W.

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
iwas wanting the downpipe with out the bubble ,just a straight pipe like the rest of the pipe.i guess it was a request.also would this have any effect on the price? when could we see these being available from Andrew at Fix My V W.
B5.5 Passat TDI 2.5" downpipe 2.5" $350
B5.5 Passat TDI 2.5" downpipe 2.5" w/cat $530
B5.5 Passat TDI 2.5" catback $310
B5.5 Passat TDI 2.5" catback w/resonator $340
B5.5 Passat TDI 2.5" catback w/muffler $400

Andrew can sell you one anytime, he just hasn't had time to get the listing up.

ech0sh4y

TDI
'06 Golf TDi
Is ther anyway I could buy the second resonator? I purchased the downpour with res. And the straight pipe back with out res. Just a bit to annoying for me. All 2.5"

Jagal

TDI
'11 335D '13 Passat TDI SEL
Hey buzz,

do you have an estimated price in mind? I might get the post DP work done locally if its going to still be a while.

thanks!

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I'm not wading through 33 pages to see if this has already been posted. And I recognize that this thread started prior to the discussion by TDIclub management deciding how to handle this type of situation. But in the interest of consistency, in accordance with this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=396162

These modifications are a violation of federal emissions regulations
Neither TDIClub nor any person taking action or inaction on its behalf, other than the content poster, will be held accountable for the content in said messages
It is up to each individual vehicle owner or operator to take responsibility for his/her actions

jtgott317

TDI
06 jetta BRM dsg
I'm not wading through 33 pages to see if this has already been posted. And I recognize that this thread started prior to the discussion by TDIclub management deciding how to handle this type of situation. But in the interest of consistency, in accordance with this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=396162

These modifications are a violation of federal emissions regulations
Neither TDIClub nor any person taking action or inaction on its behalf, other than the content poster, will be held accountable for the content in said messages
It is up to each individual vehicle owner or operator to take responsibility for his/her actions
COPS! Every man for himself! lol.:eek:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
What is the level of difficulty with a downpipe install on a '15 Golf, and does the kit include all the necessary parts for rerouting hoses? I'm guessing there are instructions with the kit. Also, what brand resonator do you use, and how far downstream is it located? Looking to go all the way back to dual exit (GTI valence) with just the resonator, but don't want it to be too noisy. I guess it'd be easy enough to add a muffler if needed.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
Got my full Buzzken exhaust installed last night on my JSW. Went with 2.5" DPF delete with no cat or resonator with just a muffler in the back. I absolutely love the sound and the fitment is incredible. Installation was very easy once the DPF was out. Props to you, Ken, on an awesome product! I'll post a video sometime soon.

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
I'm happy with my Buzzken downpipe with high flow cat done just this week. Along with a Malone Stage2 plus an APR DSG tune, very nice difference!

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Got my full Buzzken exhaust installed last night on my JSW. Went with 2.5" DPF delete with no cat or resonator with just a muffler in the back. I absolutely love the sound and the fitment is incredible. Installation was very easy once the DPF was out. Props to you, Ken, on an awesome product! I'll post a video sometime soon.
Ken does great work and Andrew over at Fixmyvw.com is great to work with when procuring Ken's wares. Will install our 6th Buzzken turbo back this weekend. Fitment and value is bar none the best around.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
What is the level of difficulty with a downpipe install on a '15 Golf, and does the kit include all the necessary parts for rerouting hoses? I'm guessing there are instructions with the kit. Also, what brand resonator do you use, and how far downstream is it located? Looking to go all the way back to dual exit (GTI valence) with just the resonator, but don't want it to be too noisy. I guess it'd be easy enough to add a muffler if needed.
Noise level with just a resonator to a dual exit (no muffler) is very nice. There is a touch of drone in the cabin under 1600rpm and light load, but other than that the sound is very nice! A nice silent "woof" on startup and a slow "gurgle" on shut down. I will say that I do not wish the task of doing the upgrade on a 2015 Golf on anybody without a lift, but it's doable!

Anybody else with an EA288 that has blocked off the air intake snorkel at the airbox that leads to the turbo hotside? I imagine this may not be as important now to pull hot air away from the turbo through the airbox now that there are no regens taking place?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Just did another full Buzzken turbo back setup on a 2010 Jetta TDI wagon and I swear, everytime I go out to my car now, I have tail pipe envy.... I real need to get his muffler with tips on mine, soon! :D

Thanks for the quality work Ken, great stuff!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
I just installed a new vnt17 and Buzzken 2.5" down pipe fitted to the stock cat back. When I installed the dp it was touching the heat shield just above it. I pushed the shield up a little bit until it was not touching, but at idle it still hits it and is vibrating/rattling like mad. Has anyone else had this issue? I tried to search this thread and came up empty. It is the flex pipe portion of the dp that is hitting. Are my motor mounts or something shot? Maybe the engine is sitting in the bay a little sideways?

I need to wait for it to cool a bit more before I can start messing with it again. Hoping for some ideas to look at in the meantime.

Edit: I have started a new thread on the exhaust rattling issue. If anyone wants this thread updated I can do that as well. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=478428

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
The Passat system has arrived and will be installed during the camshaft replacement/TB job this week. Thanks, Ken. The system looks great! Will post pics of the install.