New Passat Owner

J.Tomasello14

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6SPD
Hey guys, I should start off with introducing myself here on these boards. Im a new owner of a 2014 Passat SE TDI 6speed MT. I bought the car on Nov 22, 2013. I truly enjoy everything about this car. This is my first Passat as well a TDI. I recently had a 1999 Audi A4 with 200k on it and was a solid car, but i needed something new. I have a lot of researching to do considering all the things I've read so far so mind my dumb questions here and there. Ive been on all types of forums for every car I've ever owned. Cant wait what i can learn from you guys here about this gorgous diesel sipping machine. So far so good on MPG. I just hit 2700 miles on the odo , I've noticed in 8degree weather here in chicago it really ate the MPG. My last tank lasted about 530 miles. 350 miles of that was city. But I've hit 600 on a tank 50/50 driving city and highway. today was 34 and just running to the mall it sat at 49MPG the whole way there and on the drive home. Cant wait to take my long trips to California, Washington state, Colorado ext. Kinda the reason i purchased this car. Great room for luggage and spacious interior. Not gonna lie I'm in love, i feel like theres a lot i need to learn about a tdi being my first ever. Nice to meet all of you.

JOE T

PassatSE4me

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6MT
Welcome Joe! You have good taste neighbor! :)

Picked up mine in July. So far so good. First VW and first diesel for me. Just hit 8k this week.

Yes the single digits and below will kill your mileage, but that's okay with me as long as it starts.

Ran from Joliet to the border on 80 and hit 48mpg on the way home from work last night doing 75 at 37 degrees. Schwing!

I've come close to 800 on a tank twice. Hopefully I'll be able to string a few of those tanks together next year.

And sign up on Fuelly if you haven't already!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Hi and welcome! Perhaps you'll be able to make it to the Detroit Auto Show GTG in January... it's always a good time. More info is in the link in my signature. :)

J.Tomasello14

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6SPD
Thank you guys. I don't know how to register in the fuely thing. And as for the show in Detroit i will be there as long as it dosent interfere with work. Nice to meet you guys

PassatSE4me

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6MT
Thank you guys. I don't know how to register in the fuely thing.
You're welcome, and it's no harder than registering here. ;)

You only need to track 3 numbers… full tank mileage, gallons used to replenish, and price per gallon. All the other stats go off of these 3.

STLTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI SE
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your TDI as much as I have. You'll find yourself really looking forward to those long road trips. The mpg and range are incredible.