2015 Passat TDI SEL Dash Creak

Zoso

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
This just started happening now at 13K miles. And coincides with the weather warming up to above freezing. It did not happen last fall before it got cold when the car was new. The noise is driving me crazy!
It sure sounds like the creaking noises are coming from the Fender sound bar. I can make the sound at will just by turning or going over rough pavement.
I took a video and am making light swerves:
http://youtu.be/ErpdM5PFmug
Hopefully my dealer will be as good as his and insert foam strips:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=341689

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Zoso: Sorry about the annoying noises. I thought VWoA had this all worked out. My 2012 had the creaking/cracking, fixed with foam strips. My 2014, from the factory, has no creaking.
Should be a no-brainer for your dealer, unless you've got a "no-brain" dealer service department.

Fav40

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL (BB 2/17/17) 2017 Passat V6 SEL Premium
My 14' doesn't do that. I drive in "silence" sometimes by myself. Luckily I don't have any noises yet.

Occasionally, I feel like the motor makes more noise.

Zoso

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Still not resolved. Visit 1-diagnose and order a new a pillar trim. Visit 2- install a pillar trim. Creak not fixed. Order fender bar trim. Visit 3- Install fender trim and mark the problem as resolved.

The creaking is less but still there! It is suckin away the enjoyment of the car. I step out annoyed.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I'll bet it's not the parts, but the installation. Strategically placed foam tape/dry silicone spray can work wonders.
My issue (on the 2012) was resolved with one visit, foam tape applied, no parts replaced.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I asked about this today at the dealership. The parts manager told me that they have a kit full of different sizes of foam and insulation to place in cars with creaks.