Passat targets U.S. market

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
I was parked next to one on the mountain when I went hiking yesterday, a 6-sp. manual TDI, silver with sunroof (in fact there were 4 cars in the small parking lot, and three of them were TDIs, all manuals: my Golf Hatch, a Golf Variant, and the Passat).

Very sharp looking, timeless elegance, like an E39 5-series BMW. Hardly "generic" but rather "not likely to go out of style" like the over-styled Asian cars, though you do have to do a double-take to realize it isn't a Jetta especially as it was on winter steelies with Jetta wheel covers.

It's on my list for my wife's B5.5 replacement (I told her that I'd leave the choice to her but offer "suggestions" :D ), but for her probably a 2.5 as she no longer really drives enough to justify a TDI. The B5.5 now has 231,000 km, two new fenders and a new rear trunk lid thanks to VW's 12-year corrosion warranty.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I guess you guys can get a manual B7 with a sunroof and a diesel then? We can't (at least you could not originally). If you want a sunroof, you cannot get 3 pedals. :rolleyes: