RealDriver Extended Warranty Question

Mike2A

TDI
Future
Hi all, As this is my first post and question.

We recently purchased the 2010 JSW, so far we love it. No major issues as of yet.

However, we opted for the Realdriver extended warranty and this is the one item I failed to do more research on within this forum and now having buyer's remorse. :( After seeing the warranty quotes given out on this forum, I discovered I paid about 600 too much for what I purchased from the dealer.

My question is, could I cancel my current warranty with the dealer I bought the car from ( I am still within my 60 days for 100% refund) and re-purchase from someone else?

Thanks in advance for your help.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
My understanding is that you can buy a RealDriver extended warranty up to 9999 miles or one year for the same price as buying when the car is brand new. You might want to check that.

If that is the case, and you can cancel the contract you just entered into, why not cancel and buy again from a more competitive seller in six months?

Mike2A

TDI
Future
k1xv said:
My understanding is that you can buy a RealDriver extended warranty up to 9999 miles or one year for the same price as buying when the car is brand new. You might want to check that.

If that is the case, and you can cancel the contract you just entered into, why not cancel and buy again from a more competitive seller in six months?

That is my understanding, so I think I am going pursue the cancellation. The dealer told me I needed to buy it when I purchased the car, based on what I have read here that is not the case.

Thanks for reply.