ALH VCDS Tips/Tricks?

Mike_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Found a used VAGCOM/VCDS and should have it in about a week. I plan on setting my pump timing, doing the hammer mod, and data logging a little bit to check things out and get familiar with the software.

I did a little searching but didn't find a thread dedicated to what all can be done on these cars with the VCDS. What else can be done? Anything fun with other vehicle configurations?

PGM jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta BEW
Door lock settings are numerous. I have mine where when I push unlock on the fob just once, all of the doors unlock. And I have my seat belt chime disabled as well as the seat belt light on the dash. I also corrected my speedometer (it was reading about 2.5mph faster than what I was actually going)

You can: make the doors unlock whenever the key is removed, turn off where the doors automatically lock at 10mph, make the horn beep or not beep when you lock, etc.

Spend some time looking through the Ross-Tech Wiki and you'll find lots of neat things

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mike_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like fun. I just found the wiki in the ross-tech site. I will check it out!