performance chips

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
Get a TUNE first...a custom TUNE...that way when you have more cash and want to do more, hopefully you've learned as much as possible about your car. IMHO Rocketchip or Malone...Google both!
Stg 4, 525+ Ft-Lb; Includes crank bolts, SFI Approved, Kit includes Flyw
does that mean 525 plus pounds of torque?

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Rastamang,

You have posted a whole lot of questions, but have not posted much solid information about your vehicle and where you want to go with it.

1) Do you have all your maintenance up to date and is your car in top notch shape? If your answer is "no", then you need to work on that first. If your answer is "yes" then you should answer question 2 below.

2) How much money are willing to spend in the next 30 days on your car? It is the old issue "Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go". Seriously, if you have $500 you are able to spend, there are only a couple of things you can do. A tune was the first thing I got. Cost me less than $500. Beyond that, you are going to need much more than $500, like around $2500 to 3000. If you want 525 lb/ft, you will need about $15K or more, just to start

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
If your maintenance is all up to date, and you want a Malone TUNE, buy the flashzilla from him, and start with that. After every performance mod, log and retune using the Flashzilla...read up on what others have done to their cars and choose what's next. The Search feature will answer most of your questions.

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
OP---how long have you had this vehicle? how many miles on it? how are all of your vacuum lines? how is your camshaft looking? you have been given a lot of information but do not seem to have done any follow-up research on what has been provided. warning: you will lose the attention of those trying to help you if it does not seem that you are willing to help yourself. googling and posting relevant products does not count as research. search here on tdiclub and see what has been said about the products you are considering. there is no one-size-fits all solution. do not mean to sound harsh but this thread has does not seem to have moved on since the first five posts. welcome to tdiclub and good luck moving forward.

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
a year and a half or so, 115k
ill check all that stuff later im sorry im just looking for information and that really helped! thank you very much

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Rasta---no need to apologize, did not mean to across as a pr!ck. ^ timing belt, transmission fluid, records of the oil type used? my knowledge of the "power enhancements" is very limited, i try to read a little here and there but most here know more than i do. there are 5-6 respected tuners here: malone, mark; tdtuning, mike; rocketchip, jeff; kerma, charlie(???); and gde, (i do not know). all of the above have good reputations, gde mostly/only does economy tunes so they may not really provide what you are looking for. you have low miles but may also want to search "EGR cleaning", it is a nearly free "maintenance" item that may or not be needed. i will drop out of this thread now, just thought you should know that as humans we all have a limit tolerance/attention span and these guys are trying to help you out. "Wise people lurk more."---from the signature of member 40X40

good luck moving forward

added: sorry if I missed someone obvious on the list of tuners, hopefully another member will add in the coming posts

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Get a stage 1 or 2 tune, live with it for a while . Then save your money and buy a clutch, turbo, injectors, and other tidbits. Then put those one, and get an updated tune. This is the cheapest route while giving you power from the get go. Otherwise you will do a tune, then a clutch, then a turbo, then a tune, then injectors, then a tune, etc.

You will have a decent daily driver with a stage 1 or 2 PD TDI. It wont be super fast, but it will be leaps and bounds better than a factory car.

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
okay how often should the timing belt be replaced? and where can i find a quality one? and thank you very much!

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
Get a stage 1 or 2 tune, live with it for a while . Then save your money and buy a clutch, turbo, injectors, and other tidbits. Then put those one, and get an updated tune. This is the cheapest route while giving you power from the get go. Otherwise you will do a tune, then a clutch, then a turbo, then a tune, then injectors, then a tune, etc.

You will have a decent daily driver with a stage 1 or 2 PD TDI. It wont be super fast, but it will be leaps and bounds better than a factory car.
thank you! this is what i was mainly looking for, with stage tune. where should i purchase the ecu upgrade i need for it/whats a good one for stage 2?

Last edited:

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
How far are you from Red Lion Pa? That is where Jeff Roberts of rocketchip is located. Very knowledgeable and is a favorite tuner of many on the forums.

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
thank you! this is what i was mainly looking for, with stage tune. where should i purchase the ecu upgrade i need for it/whats a good one for stage 2?
If you can drive over to Jeff, he will flash your ECU for you. Nothing else will be needed. Should only take 15 minutes for it.

Call him, ask him his opinion on tunes. He will tell you what you need to hear. I would probably get a stage 2 tune if I was you.