performance chips

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
hey i have an 06 tdi jetta and have been looking into getting a chip to go faster. I originally wanted a bigger turbo but i will not have the money for that for awhile. so i am just gonna settle for a chip. im looking for one that i can just install without modifying anything else and a chip that will be compatible with a bigger turbo for the future and most important a reliable chip that im not going to have to worry about. anyone have any suggestions? anything is appreciated and thank you! have a good day :)

HogWrangler

Banned
TDI
2005 Jetta BEW 5 speed
Try searching. To list a few (alphabetically) Kerma, Malone, Roacketchip, TDTuning, etc

A turbo will not do much at all until you have fuel. Tunes are the best bang for the buck and can later be adjusted for mods that you do (turbo, etc)

Be sure that your car is in top running condition and all maintenance is up to date before adding any modifications

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Usually the order of modifications goes injectors, tune 1 2 3 turbo, tune 4, FMIC tune 4 -5, block girdle tune 6.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Where in PA are you? Rocket Chip is in Red Lion. Jeff is one of the best tuners anywhere.

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Usually the order of modifications goes injectors, tune 1 2 3 turbo, tune 4, FMIC tune 4 -5, block girdle tune 6.
Except that they continued to build TDIs after the ALH ceased being sold. OP has a MKV with a BRM - completely different animal.

For the BRM the order goes: tune (~140-150WHP) > turbo + retune (~165-170WHP) > injectors + (bigger turbo already from last step) + retune (~190-200WHP). Only the modaholics go further on the BRM, it gets expensive and lots of custom stuff after that.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Except that they continued to build TDIs after the ALH ceased being sold. OP has a MKV with a BRM - completely different animal.

For the BRM the order goes: tune (~140-150WHP) > turbo + retune (~165-170WHP) > injectors + (bigger turbo already from last step) + retune (~190-200WHP). Only the modaholics go further on the BRM, it gets expensive and lots of custom stuff after that.
Great advice and he has a highly modified BRM.

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
okay better question, my cars engine is stock. i want to enhance the power and eventually purchase a bigger turbo. what would be the steps of upgrades?

BuzzKen

TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D

BuzzKen

TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Which step do you want to do? Depends on your budget. What transmission do you have?

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
Which step do you want to do? Depends on your budget. What transmission do you have?
well the step two is only 50 bucks more so id be stupid not to go with that one if its better quality and more power you feel? i dont know the difference. i have stock 5 speed trans with a dual plate.

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
ill let you know in like 30 mins when i go on break im pretty sure its stock with an upgraded dual plate

HogWrangler

Banned
TDI
2005 Jetta BEW 5 speed
All tuning is dependent on what the driver wants. There is no such thing as "the perfect best tune" each tune is different and fits each person differently. Are you wanting to go straight to 180hp or do it slowly? Will you be wanting more than 180hp after you get there?

It all depends on how far you want to go and how deep your pockets are

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
All tuning is dependent on what the driver wants. There is no such thing as "the perfect best tune" each tune is different and fits each person differently. Are you wanting to go straight to 180hp or do it slowly? Will you be wanting more than 180hp after you get there?

It all depends on how far you want to go and how deep your pockets are
id like to end up with more than 180hp but id rather do it slowly, i ain't ballin that hard

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
thats why im looking for help i dont know what to start with or where to go after that. i need a list lol

rastamang

TDI
06 jetta tdi
like i have no clue what to upgrade first. should i get a tuning and clutch upgrade or a 3 inch down pipe? should i chip it or get a new fuel injector. i have no clue.

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
Get a TUNE first...a custom TUNE...that way when you have more cash and want to do more, hopefully you've learned as much as possible about your car. IMHO Rocketchip or Malone...Google both!