'16 turbo lag

volksjaeger

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Wagon, '15 Golf Sportwagen, '16 Touareg Lux
3500 miles so far on my "new" '16 Lux TDI.

Love everything about except my only complaint is the turbo lag is insane.... Is it a big turbo thus the lag? Will a tune help fix that?

bcfast

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT, 27k miles, Opera Red. Bone stock CPO car. Aquired 11/27/15
Chances are it was the fix that created this issue. Others have found solutions such as a throttle reset, some have added an inline box to improve rail pressure...don't void your warranty!!!
Search through the Dieselgate section,and the performance section.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I will be going on a 1500 mi trip tomorrow and will report how it performs. It has 2000 miles on it now. So far I haven't felt a big change vs my 2012,but there are subtle difference in the tranny shifting when cold.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I finished the trip south 1800 miles. Mt observation on performance is that the car does drive differently than the 2012. It drops down a gear quickly when power is applied. I feel it is not needed for the performance to be fine,but the programing is what it is. Maybe do a reprogram to simulate the previous program.

I don't get the sense of lag on pick up from dead stop,so the op seees something I don't. Mileage is almost the same,so I am pleased overall.