Cruise control adjustments in vcds?

franklinstower

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 gsw 6mt wagon
I hate that my cruise changes speed in 5 mph increments when using the + and - . Is there a way to change the increase and decrease faults in vcds?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Doesn't the RES and SET buttons (once you're cruise control is controlling your cruising speed) change the set speed by 1mph for you?

It changes 1km/h on my Canadian 2015...

(For some reason, though, on my wife's top-spec'd 2016 Audi A3, there's no way to change set cruise speed by 1km/h - only goes in 10km/h increments) :mad:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Doesn't the RES and SET buttons (once you're cruise control is controlling your cruising speed) change the set speed by 1mph for you?...
Proof again that folks don't read the manual... :D

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
...and to my above point regarding my wife's 2016 Audi A3 (same MQB platform), the manually explicitly says HOW to change the cruise control speed by 1km/h...but the car lacks that capability for some reason.

Maybe the engineers at VW/Audi need to RTFM, too. :D

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
odd, our Alltrack has the cruise on the steering wheel that adjust 1mph via the +/- button from the factory.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
normal, i couldn't be sold on flaky technology just quite yet.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
odd, our Alltrack has the cruise on the steering wheel that adjust 1mph via the +/- button from the factory.
Yes, same deal with my 2016 GTI. 2016 was the year they made the switch.
It can be confusing have two exact same Mk7 Golf steering wheels and button sets and having to remember which one has which cruise functionality.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So, on the 2016-->, then, is there a way to increment the speed by 5mph (or 10km/h for us Canadians)?
I probably make more use of the +1/-1 than the larger increment, but having both is nice.

marcusku

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Sportwagen, 15', red
Adaptive cruise control? Or normal?
15's didn't come with adaptive cruise control but I wonder if it's possible to change with VCDS? Mine has the collision warning so it seems like the car would have what needs to have adaptive cruise.

Face It

TDI
2015 GSW DSG TDI S Red/Beige
So, on the 2016-->, then, is there a way to increment the speed by 5mph (or 10km/h for us Canadians)?
I probably make more use of the +1/-1 than the larger increment, but having both is nice.
The SET/RES would change +1/-1 increments.

The + - changes to the next increment of 5

Cruise is set at 58 mph
Press +
Cruise now set at 60
Press + again
Cruise now set at 65

I like that feature a lot. I cruise in the country and when I approach a town I press - a few times and slow to the town speed limit. Drive through town press + a few times and I am back where I was before.

Some counties will change + or - 5 mph. Easy Peasy

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
15's didn't come with adaptive cruise control but I wonder if it's possible to change with VCDS? Mine has the collision warning so it seems like the car would have what needs to have adaptive cruise.
I actually bought a replacement steering wheel for the paddle shifters (Canadian models didn't come with paddle shifters:mad:) and was quite pleased to see that the wheel also had buttons for adaptive CC.

Given that I also had the front collision warning radar thingy, I figured this was going to be a slam-dunk. But nope! I tried at least eight different ways to try to code the ACC, and as long as that wheel was in, not only did I not have ACC, I didn't even have regular cruise control.

Ended up having to pry the steering wheel inset (that houses the cruise control, MFA, stereo-control, etc. buttons) from my old wheel and putting it on my new paddle-shifting wheel.