• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

Vagcom

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
I wrecked my 2003 Jetta in Mexico Christmas and did not replace it with VW.
Did a Chevy 4x4 instead.

I have a 2003 VAGCOM HEXCOM serial port I was thinking of selling.

Hexcom serial- ( Not CAN ) Not used much.
(Works perfect with cheap USB to Serial port cable on Win 7 64 home)

Compaq 1275 laptop win 98 with VCDS loaded.

1995.5-2003 VW CD loaded on laptop

Have orginal receipt for VW CD along with codes to load on 98 lap top.
Have OEM CD Win 98 and 2nd edition CD and receipts for Compaq 1275. With OEM KEYs.

So you get whole kit if wanted.

1. Hexcom Serial port ROSSTECH cable.
2. Two compaq 1275 laptops with Bentleys loaded on both. ( 1 has battery that works) Both hard drives are same with loaded Bentleys.
3. OEM Compaq 1275 recovery CD and Key.
I have CODES to install CD again when you used the
3. OEM Bentleys VW manual Jetta Golf 1995-2003 CD
* All paper work, manuals and receipts for most every thing.

I bought the 2nd compaq 1275 on ebay for back up parts. I took it apart and fixed it ( changed the system board battery and bad cable) now both work perfect. Mirror hard drive formatted so both run like twins.

Not sure what a far price is for whole kit.

This is perfect for 1995.5 to 2003 owners.

Talk to me if you have a want. Not sure what is a super price for you.
I would like $1500 for everything. Oh the joy! But think I will have to settle for like $125 or less.

Anyone guess what a really fair price is for someone to buy this pack?

rlacroix4@yahoo.com

I am in San Diego most days and Tijuana mucho tiempo!
Can inspect, check out , test, use and make sure before buying if you are here in San Diego.

Don't trust me. Check it and test it yourself!

Or I may just rent it for free ( Deposit and shipping) if I dont sell it.

Bob

thekidfan

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf 2DR 5 SPD, 02 Golf 4DR 5 SPD
$125 for the whole setup? Ill take it and pay shipping if you'll ship it? Will P.M. info

KanPanic

TDI
03 Golf
Does the laptop have a serial port? or does it come with a serial to usb converter. Interested, let me know if this is available.

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
Does the laptop have a serial port? or does it come with a serial to usb converter. Interested, let me know if this is available.

The cable is the real deal- ROSS-Tech serial port circa 2003.

I bought on ebay some usb to serial port cables from China. Found a driver online and hong chong phooey! Works.

I been using VCDS 64 on my sons Win 7 64 and works perfect.

I have quite a few emails but all are to ship the items. Those old laptops are 1998-1999 models and heavy. Like $40 to ship from Postal Annex.

After talking to a few people here in San Diego I may make it avalible to loan for free.
Just leave me a deposit.
Still thinking.

Bob

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
1. GENUINE- HEXCOM Serial port BY ROSSTECH. Circa 2003 Clean and only really used about 4 times.

( This works also with usb to serial port on Win 7 64)

Also is I think 25 foot USB to serial port ext cable I got from Ross tech.

I will also give the EBAY USB to Serial port adapt I have used on WIN 7 64 computer.

2. Two WORKING Compaq 1275 laptops with Bentleys loaded on both. ( 1 has battery that works) Both hard drives are same with loaded Bentleys.

Included - OEM Compaq 1275 recovery CD and Key. WIN 98 with 2nd ed CD
Also 2wire PCCARD to make wireless internet.

(I have CODES to install VW CD again)
If you reformat the Compaq HD with the OEM CD and use the same codes.
The install code I have from VW manual are the same and work.

3. OEM Bentleys VW manual Jetta Golf 1995-2003 CD
*Most paper work, manuals and receipts for most every thing.

I bought the 2nd compaq 1275 on ebay for back up parts. I took it apart and fixed it ( changed the system board battery and bad cable) now both work perfect. Mirror hard drive formatted so both run like twins.

This is perfect for 1995.5 to 2003 owners.

If you wanted to spend money for RossTech upgrade contact me before I can do the upgrade to the New CAN before you take it.

I asking $225 for everything for local pick up in San Diego.

Or will trade for Genuine 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 factory service manual set by Helms.

That is what I am selling it for to buy.

You can inspect before you buy or have a friend take a look for you if in San Diego area.
I was kind of planing just to make the VACCOM free to borrow for people needing it.
But I need the money for the Chevy manuals.

I think this is a really good kit for 1995-2003 owners.

thekidfan

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf 2DR 5 SPD, 02 Golf 4DR 5 SPD
So if a few people jump on here again and say what a great deal this is are you going to pull it then raise the price again? :rolleyes:

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
So if a few people jump on here again and say what a great deal this is are you going to pull it then raise the price again? :rolleyes:

Thats RIGHT baby. I am trying to rip everyone off here right?

Of course I posted that I will loan it for free to anyone. I said they can check it out before anyone buys it. I said I was trying to figure out how much it was worth. I want to sell it for a good price and fair. I said " I THINK I MAY HAVE TO SETTLE for like $125 or so."

I have been on this site for 7 years and never made a cent off of anyone.
The things I did were for all done for free and the parts and filters I sold from Mexico were at same price or loss. I never made a cent and most time lost a dollar or two. I did it cus I cared and wanted to return the help I got from this site.

I have several emails from people who have know me from GTG's and some others from out of Statest who said it was too low of price.
Then I thought I would just loan it for free to anyone who needed it manual and vagcom.

But I need a 2010 Chevy manual and need to get some cash.

I will sell it for a fair price. If I can't sell it fair I will keep it and let other people borrow the stuff for free.
But I am not going to just give it away. I do some some bucks in the setup.
Thats all I am doing. One persons wants it but wants me to pay to ship it. that means I sell it for like $80. At that price I just keep it and let the local people use it or come by to get a code read or program injectors.

If someone shows up with $150 cash and I dont have to ship it then we may make a deal.
But this was not listed as for sale and now the price is jacked up cus somebody wants it. I was carefull posting my ideas about selling or keeping it.

I did not buy a new VW because the Mexico roads in Tijuana can kill them. Thats why I dont need it anymore.

Now if you want it and can pick it up in San Diego, I will make you a deal.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Great offer, sorry to see you go bud. I was planning on having plenty of GTG's with you when my wagon came back. MRIBOB has been very helpful to the community, and like he says, didn't ask for a cent when purchasing items for club members.

What is the cost to upgrade it to a the Hex+Can? I may be interested.

Jeremy

UsArmyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta (rip)
have you gotten your manual for the truck yet? if not, please get back to me as i have easy acess to what ever info you need for the truck. my contact info is in the PM i sent you

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
have you gotten your manual for the truck yet? if not, please get back to me as i have easy acess to what ever info you need for the truck. my contact info is in the PM i sent you

No

I want the GM factory service manual part# GMT10CK9PU from Helm.

I sent you my number also as I think its to late tonight to call you.
Lets see what you can get it for? Maybe you can get a really good deal.
If you can get that manual, you get the VAgcom Thats all I wanted anyway.

I am not in a hurry. I can wait for manual.

Bob

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI SportWagen
Bob is a standup guy...i've ordered parts from him and offered to pay more then what he got them for and he refused...you dont find to many honest people like that these days.
Bob i pray all goes well for you down south and with the truck as well.

Godbless ya!

i'll bug ya if i ever come down that way or need some TJ advice :)

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
Looks like someone has connections to the GM manual and that is all I wanted out of the deal. Even if he gets the manual for $80 then he gets that is all he pays for this kit.

Just because I don't have a VW now if you guys still need parts form Mexico I will still help just like in the past.

I am not really gone from here. Besides many of the people here are not limited to just VW. Some guys also have Chevrolet trucks and so no need for me to go looking far for help. I have be given help here for a Ford Taurus and Toyota in the past. So this place has helped me more then just VW.
I still have my Nissan 720 Diesel truck. So still need help once in a while and have my hand into diesels.

I will still be around.

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
Question from a noob on the topic: If it is from a 2003, has the software been updated or can it be updated to work on a 2011 TDI? If so, I'd be interested but will need it shipped. Will pay for the shipping. Send me a PM if you still have it. Thanks -

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
The software is all the same.
The hardware changed.

MY VAGCOM is a HEXCOM by RossTech.
2005 and newer cars use CAN protocol but mine is not CAN compatible.

Go to www.ROSS-TECH.COM for all the information.

I think mine will be sold ( Traded) this week for the manual I wanted.

My stuff is too old for your 2011 car.

For a manual and VAGCOM your looking at like $280 for the hardware and $130 for a VW service manual.

Since your car is new and under warranty, I say wait till it is out warranty before buying anything. I hate to say it but the 2009's and on have been blowing up the fuel pumps at the cost of about $6000 damage. See if you car lives long enough for you to need to do any repairs outside of warranty. Other then oil and regular service your under the VW care till 50k miles.

There is nothing for you really to need on a 2011 till 50k miles as VW will check any CEL if you get one.

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1

This is a photo OF everything.

1. Vagcom Hexcom circa 2003 serial port.
2. Compaq 1275 laptops working unit with battery. New button battery on CPU Board. OEM 98 KEY install book 98.
3. USB to serial adapter ( real cheapo from china)
4. 20ft or so USB extension bought from Ross-Tech.
5. Bentleys 1995.5 to 2003.
6. Compaq 1275 Restore Disc with Win 98 plus OEM Win 98 2nd ed. OEM disc that came with the computer.
7. Start up disc for Win 98 in case of crash.
Backup of software for Vagcom
8. 2wire wireless card for getting on internet ( WHY ? ) But it comes with it. So old can't do much on net.
Net zero disc to get Explorer 6.0 and
OEM Adobe Photodeluxe 1999 version that came with lap top. ( I should raise the price for that add on !!!!!)

Best news. All software can install on a Win7 64 laptop. Find a driver for USB to serial on internet. And Hola! I have used my Vagcom on Win 7/64 . Works great once you get right driver for USB serial port.
Bentleys is same. Install under XP MODE and call for codes.

This may be sold this week but people back out of deals all the time.

I prefer a local sale where you can see and test for your self.

But for those not near. They say a man is only as good as his word. Now days does not seem you can trust anyone anymore. My word is you can trust me and I will offer assurance as best possible.

If its shipped and you have worries and want to be certain. I will make arrangements with TDICLUB to get vendor status if needed. I will send them my CDL and Passport if thats what it takes to easy any doubts about sending a stranger $200. You can confirm with them who I am.

Or you find a local person you want me to take it too and they can inspect it for you before you pay. Hows is that for security?

You could try to get permission from Wild Rose motors if they are willing and I will take the kit to them to inspect that the Hexcom and everything works and as I state.
( Of course you should pay him them fee for doing it they would even agree to do it)

All I am trying to do is remove any doubts that this is the real thing with no deceptions.

I have someone talking about to me about this kit today but will see it really gets sold. I will keep it for sale or loan until it sells.

Bob

Last edited:

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1

Look I found the receipt for the laptop 1999 $1399 for a 366mhz 4GB 64ram computer. ( $1799 with 5 year warranty)
Now has max 128 Ram

Also Bentleys has receipt $98 in box

Last edited:

piney

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW-TDI/DSG
My stuff is too old for your 2011 car.

For a manual and VAGCOM your looking at like $280 for the hardware and $130 for a VW service manual.

Since your car is new and under warranty, I say wait till it is out warranty before buying anything. I hate to say it but the 2009's and on have been blowing up the fuel pumps at the cost of about $6000 damage. See if you car lives long enough for you to need to do any repairs outside of warranty. Other then oil and regular service your under the VW care till 50k miles.

There is nothing for you really to need on a 2011 till 50k miles as VW will check any CEL if you get one.
Many thanks. The only thing I want to do is to change the programming on how the windows and sunroof work with the remote.

It is amazing what laptops used to go for. I just bought my daughter one for her 8th BD and the specs on it are unreal and for less than a 15" flat screen monitor went for 10 years ago.

MRIBOB

Veteran Member
TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
I think its about $1 gal cheaper.

I still use my 1982 Datsun Diesel.
I am working on a new post for buying fuel in Tijuana.
Brief: Do not buy by money , buy by liters.
Ex: Don't say I want $20 or 200 pesos. Use a calculator and buy liters.

If you think you need 10 Gals do the math and get 37 liters. They story out is they change the price on a moment and give you less fuel Gas or Diesel.
So say I want 37 liters and it should cost 8 pesos liter and 8x37=XXX pesos.

So buy liters and just give the guy money as they may pump $300 pesos but you got robbed because they changed the price at that moment.