BV50 to 2260 project
Well I spend some time on this project and I managed to get the ecu to control the Hella actuator. However, the immo was blocking issue for me. I spoke to a few people including VCDS about adapting the immo 4 data but no joy.
All the guys to whom I’ve spoken to wanted paying regardless of success or not – I can understand this but there is only so much time and money that can be thrown at this.
Here is what I did:
Got a 2.7 V6 engine (they come with a 1756vk – hella) harness and started work to transfer it to the BV50 car.
But I noticed some of the wiring under the ECU were different –
i. Glow plug relay in 2.7 was 40amp and in 3.0 70amp
ii. Red plug had a wire missing
iii. Black connector was different type in the 2.7 loom
Decided to reverted back to stock and take the relevant wires from the 2.7 loom and merge them to the BV50.
Loaded flash, mpc and e2p from the 2.7 to the 3.0 and attempted to do a vcds actuator test:
Then it was a case of trying to adapt / port the immo data from the target car but couldn’t make it happen.
I tried immo off and the car ran etc but had SAFE on the dash.
To physically mount the 2260 would not be too difficult. I would take 059145722M as it looks to be a close match for the BV50 downpipe. You’ll need the 2260 Y collector and return line.
You have all the information if someone wants to continue.