Cracked Vacuum Line To Brake Vacuum Assist

Denis

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL 5sp, 2002, White
While checking the oil today I noticed that the black, hard plastic vacuum line from the vacuum pump to the brake booster was cracked at the fitting near the pump. I've only got 24000 miles on this 2002 Golf. Anyone had similar problems? The line looks preformed, any ideas on the difficulty removing it from the brake booster? Currently a bit of electrical tape is in-place as a temporary fix.

Denis

Golf4thegolfer

TDI
Mk4 golf 1.9TDI 66kw ALH
Cracked vacuum line

Hi Dennis, I also have a cracked/split vacuum pipe from pump to servo but at servo end. They're easy to replace as you buy the complete pipe. You just pull the pipe out of the servo (it's just pushed into a rubber grommet)
And the pump end is clipped on. Unclip it from the bulkhead and feed the pipe out.
Hope this helps

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Mine was also cracked and got replaced with all the rest of them.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Do really only have 24000 miles on an 02? That's only about 2000 miles a year. I can put that many on in two weeks, or did you mean you have 240,000 miles?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
That is quite common, we used to keep that part on the shelf. You may only have 24k miles, but that car (and that tube) is 12 years old.