2002 manual Jetta wagon in Frankfort Ky 3500

ebrooker007

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 wagon 5 speed
I have owned this wagon for 8 years but it is time to let it go. It has 208000 miles. The car has has had routine maintenance done by me and all other work done by Paramedick and his son (Bruce/Eric). The timing belt was done by them at 117000 miles. I would not hesitate to take this car anywhere. I just recently took it to northern West Virginia even though we also have a low mileage accura wagon but I just love driving this car. Eric installed a starter about a month ago and it has relatively new glow plugs and harness. I use Mobile 1 for diesel on oil changes. I had a 11 mm injection pump rebuilt installed. It was rebuilt by DFIS. I also have a heavy duty skid plate installed. New injectors balanced and flow tested by Franko6. Skunkwerks did an immobilizer delete and a slight tune for fuel economy. Also has blue ox tow hookups on the front so it would make a great pilot vehicle or tow behind you rv. I had it installed for my rv but never used it. Also a frost heater for cold mornings. I can’t remember everything I have done to it but it has been very reliable.

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
How much? Got pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
I just private messaged you.

ebrooker007

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 wagon 5 speed
Forgot to mention it has a frost heater and blue ox towing system on the front. I put it on to tow behind my motorhome but never did so it would also make a great pilot car.

ebrooker007

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 wagon 5 speed
Here are some interior photos. Sorry for the lighting it is in a parking garage and it is overcast

ebrooker007

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 wagon 5 speed
Other things I have noticed is the headliner is coming down in the back and the driver side handle pull is loose.

ebrooker007

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 wagon 5 speed
Also some notes of interest. I had the suspension overhauled bushings, ball joints, shocks, struts plus realigned after. This car is ready to go. You won’t buy it and turn around and put 1-2000 in it to road trip or commute.

B3achbum

Veteran Member
TDI
(Nigel) 2004 jw GLS 5sp / +332K miles, (Hildegarde) 2008 R320 CDI / +132K miles
So, average driver has a year before timing belt job?
I'm not familiar with the alh timing belt change, interval is now 100k or maybe 110?

Good to note suspension work, I thought it might have been gone through from the pictures.
Touch of rust but manageable.

Okay, this is next one to sell. ;)

Have a great day!

ebrooker007

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 wagon 5 speed
Thank you. Yes the timing belt interval is 100000 miles. Probably about a year of driving for me. I really can’t believe it hasn’t sold. I have had several site unseen offers from low ballers on marketplace.

ebrooker007

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 wagon 5 speed
Thank you. I have had lots of tire kickers from marketplace, especially. Just send me a message asking if it is still available and when I say yes they do not reply any longer. I’m to the point that I’m thinking about taking it off the market and drive it another 100000 miles. I only have a 2 mile commute and I have a truck I have to keep for work. SoI just can’t justify keeping the car otherwise I would.

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Man if i had any need for a car i would buy this thing in a heart beat... I almost just want to buy it to have it!