Weak Rear Air

mhouck

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta, 2010 Jetta
Hey guys,

2010 TDI with about 36k on the clock. My wife and I picked it up from a VW dealership right before the holidays. One thing I didn't catch on initial inspection was the rear air. One of the vents looks like a kid may have kicked it or something. The left/right adjustment doesn't work because the fins inside are shifted around. The other problem was the strength of the airflow is pretty weak. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this pretty common?

How can I fix those air vents myself? I'm assuming there isn't any easy way to get that armrest apart.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
FYI, my 2009 JSW rear console vents flow very little air. I can force more air by closing all the dash vents, but obviously this isn't very practical.
My left/right adjustment is broken, as well. I never have fixed it because I just don't think the expense is justified (unless someone knows a cheap fix!)

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
the center console to get to airvents and 110v inverter easy to take apart. never bothered to change mine, figured it would just get broken again.

Airflow, mine has always been only so-so for A/C also. I close a couple of the dash vents to make back seat people more comfy. For heat I use floor heat setting. more airflow from vents under front seats pointed toward back seats.