What did you do to your MK7 today?

Tbvr6

TDI
2015 VW Golf DSG
Got 10k service and a ECM update. On the invoice it says 99-WWO 23H1 campaign. Anyone know what it entails ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No More Buffalo

Veteran Member
TDI
Current: 2015 Golf SEL 6m Sold: 2012 Golf 2dr DSG
Got it back from the body shop.... with a new rear hatch, bumper, and few other bits. About $3k total damage to the other guy's insurance. Car is like-new, thankfully.

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)

R-line door sill plates.

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI S, 6 spd man; 2017 Jetta SE TSI, 5 spd man
Borsig, another option for the install of those sill plates... They fit perfect in the plastic groove. I used a clear laminate for the door sill protection.

ChimneyJim

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 SportWagen SEL
Where did you get the inners and do they just plug in I would like to add them to my SEL Sportwagen with LP since I have the euro switch now

I bought them from bks-tuning. Mine are red to match the red outers I bought. If you are keeping your stock outers then you need dark red. Not plug and play. You either need to run wire or recode and re pin the reverse wire in vagcom. Look on vortex mkvii forum for the thread by jbale. It has the particulars.

Ballmiester

TDI
2015 golf sportwagen
I bought them from bks-tuning. Mine are red to match the red outers I bought. If you are keeping your stock outers then you need dark red. Not plug and play. You either need to run wire or recode and re pin the reverse wire in vagcom. Look on vortex mkvii forum for the thread by jbale. It has the particulars.
Thank you

Asmerrill

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Blue Silk Golf TDI SEL
I was sick of the glare on my screen and the fingerprints so I bought this.

It's a perfect fit.

Doesn't mess with the touchscreen at all. And usually when the sun is directly over me like in this pic, I can't see the screen because of the glare.

It does ok on the fingerprints. You can still see them a little.

Ruso Turisto

TDI
2015 MK7 Wagon Highline 6 speed MT
4k kms kiteboarding trip to Oregon coast from Calgary, AB. Switched from 19" BBS to 17" Enkei Fujins with Dunlops Diriezza ZII for the comfy driving and better traction:

Borsig

TDI
Thanks for helping my with my mental image that my white wagon doesnt look like a company car.

I keep telling myself it doesnt. Then you go and post this :/

Borsig

TDI
Initial detail done - Wash, Iron-X, Clay, menzerna SF-4000, menzerna power lock.

I need lowering springs. Wish Eibach would hurry. H&R are too agsressive.

Bueller

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL
I put an Ecohitch and mud guards on today. Well actually I started last night by taking apart the car and installing the hitch. Aside from crappy pictures in the instructions installing the hitch was the easy part.

This morning I started on the wiring. The wiring kit was a tow ready T-one connector mostly plug & play kit. The instructions say to run power to the battery using the enclosed wiring that the user is supposed to connect to the main wiring kit via butt connectors. The instructions also say to drill a hole and use the self tapping screw included in the kit as a grounding source. I know some folks here have tapped into power from the 12 accessory port in the back, but I decided I would go ahead and run the power wire directly to the battery. I refused to use the butt connectors or drill extra holes in the car, so I disassembled the rear interior looking for a good factory ground. I found one behind the L.R. interior panel near the seat belt retractor, and found a convenient place to mount the module as well.
Interior disassembled:

Factory ground:

Module mounting location, just under the L.R. seat belt retractor:

The module installed:

I ran the right side plug and wiring over to the right side of the car:

In the L.R. corner there is a grommet in the floor that I used to route all of the wiring out of the interior:

Bueller

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL
This is the grommet:

I cut a slit in the grommet to accommodate the wiring:

After installing the grommet I sealed it from both sides with black seam sealer:

I ran the trailer hitch plug and wiring down along the hitch bracing:

And out to the hitch receiver:

I then cut the lower valance to accommodate the hitch, reinstalled the rear bodywork and taillights, installed the mud guards, and finally reinstalled the interior

I don't have any photos of the wiring I ran up to the front of the car, but I kept it routed inside of the L.R. inner fender until it came out in front of the rear suspension, then I ran it up inside of the plastic pan on the bottom of the left side of the underbody, all the way up to the back of the L.F. inner fender plastic, and up into the engine compartment. I soldered/heat shrinked the fuse holder onto the power wire, soldered the eyelet to the other side of the fuse holder, and connected it to the battery.

I probably spent a lot more time on this than necessary, but I'd rather spend more time and make sure I have a clean, soldered install than to hack it together and wind up chasing a failed connection or a short from a chafed wire a couple of years from now.

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
finally got around to doing this the other day, first chance to get a clean photo..no letters and took the other side off because she looked lopsided once these were off

[/URL][/IMG]

Borsig

TDI
debadged mine too. Left the TDI though.

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
yeah but now I am waiting to see how many people will tell me I am at the wrong pump...lol
That is cool I do like the TDI badge on but she looked lopsided....plus love the clean look without
Looks good.

I think I might have de-badged, but the hatch on the non-wagen looks a little naked to me already. Having the license plate up there really makes a difference.

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S
I know its nothing big, but got my full set of LED interior bulbs installed today, also got my permanent plate, love the gsw so far and love the fact that its rare on the freeway between all the kia's and hyndai's, still on my first tank ;)

roberthaas

TDI
2011 Golf / 2015 TDI GSW
This is the grommet:

I cut a slit in the grommet to accommodate the wiring:

After installing the grommet I sealed it from both sides with black seam sealer:

I ran the trailer hitch plug and wiring down along the hitch bracing:

And out to the hitch receiver:

I then cut the lower valance to accommodate the hitch, reinstalled the rear bodywork and taillights, installed the mud guards, and finally reinstalled the interior

I don't have any photos of the wiring I ran up to the front of the car, but I kept it routed inside of the L.R. inner fender until it came out in front of the rear suspension, then I ran it up inside of the plastic pan on the bottom of the left side of the underbody, all the way up to the back of the L.F. inner fender plastic, and up into the engine compartment. I soldered/heat shrinked the fuse holder onto the power wire, soldered the eyelet to the other side of the fuse holder, and connected it to the battery.

I probably spent a lot more time on this than necessary, but I'd rather spend more time and make sure I have a clean, soldered install than to hack it together and wind up chasing a failed connection or a short from a chafed wire a couple of years from now.

I read on here that the t plug does not work on the GSW, can you confirm yours works as advertised? (The correct lights come on etc on your trailer)

What part number is your wiring kit?

Bueller

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL
I can't tell you if it works on a wagon, but it works as designed on my car. The kit is a tow ready 118646.

fgnl

TDI
MKII Sportwagen
Brand new member of the VW and TDI club. Aside from Weathertech mats, first thing I did was swap the 15" VW Lyon wheels from 17" VW Vision wheels.