Golf Brake Upgrade

andyabt

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI??? i own a cosworth far better !!
Hi all, after gettin alot more power out of my motor the time as come for me to fit some better anchors!!! I have a 1999 model so im limited to the size of disc i can fit as the caliper carrier is part of the hub !!

I am being told alsorts of stuff, use tarox this and brembo that ... Even been told an audi tt set up on the rear ?!?!? sounds like too much work.

I want to use EBC red stuff pads and turbo groove EBC discs, anyone got any ideas on these?

What Size disc can i use on the fronts with this type of hub?

Thought i should run it passed you all any comments are welcome before i didp my hands into my pockets.

Cheers All :D

graham savage

TDI
99 A4 2.0 & 07 A5 2.0 TDI
I've just upgraded my front brakes on the mk 4 2.0 (same as TDI 280mm with fixed carriers). I sourced a pair of GTi hubs and calipers/carriers (288mm bolted carriers) then had an engineer machine me up a spacer that bolts between the hub and caliper so that I could fit a 312mm disc from the Audi S3/TT. All in all cost me R5000 (roughly 390 pounds) that gave me ATE powerstop discs and Hawk pads. She stops like a futhermucker now.

Next up comes the ABF turbo motor and the project is done.

I tried everything to upgrade the brakes on this car to cope with 150Hp but this is working so well. Now I can up the power and rest assured that the brakes are more than capable of stopping the machine.