The end of an era

noob_tl

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 NB
In 2016 I traded my 2001 Suburban in on a new Silverado after seeing how bad the corrosion was getting on the chassis. The first thing I did was get a Fluid Film spray kit and coat everything underneath the truck, insides of all body panels, and any voids I could get the sprayer in to. Since then it gets a good cleaning and respray underneath. Five years on there is not even a sign of surface rust, and the fasteners all look new. It is a bit messy when working underneath, but I'll take that over frozen fasteners and rust showers any day. This isn't a daily driver, but it does get enough use to convince me that this regimen is working well. I'm hoping this will be the last large vehicle I need to buy.

noob_tl

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 NB
Interestingly enough, the only vehicle I haven't had rust issues with is the NB in my sig. It looks like a vehicle from a salt-free state, even though we've had it for over 10 years, and I believe it was local to this area before that. I just refreshed the front suspension and had no issues at all.